Wednesday 11 June 2014

March Bout - vs- Brisbane City Rollers A Team.....

Saturday 15th March


Bout Flyer


Team photo...






Co-Ed Shot....


There weren't many pics from this bout ... But this was to be my last bout as a Hustler (I did not know this at the time, though I did spend about 6 months leading up to it wondering how much more I had in me).

I've now stepped back from Roller Derby and although I still helped out at the following bout in May - it was taking up too much of my time... not just the three training sessions per week (those I could have happily kept doing) - it was all of the other stuff that was needing to be done.. t-shirts - corflutes - fundraising etc....  

We've got a lot going on at home at the moment with both kids in school now and both of them having more than just a little bit of homework each night - I just couldn't handle the strain of trying to do everything...  This was the thing I was able to give up - and I walked away knowing that I'd made my mark - I'd made my friends and I had nothing that I needed to prove.... 

I did Roller Derby to skate.... I did not take up skating in order to fit into the roller derby world.....

Will I go back at some point?  Maybe... I do know that I will continue to skate... I will continue to make sure that the kids grow up knowing how to skate and we will do it as a social thing (and I will teach them how to skate on inlines as well).....

Having one bout every month and having to find friends to "dump" the kids on in order to do this sport was just a little too much - and the kids aren't at an age where they will happily sit at a tournament all day in order to watch... so, who knows what'll be in the future... but at this point - I'm happy with my choice.....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...