Monday 23 June 2014

A Weekend of Kidlets......

Saturday 29th March

Because we'd had so many weekends of dragging the kids around to do our things.... I'd said that they could each have a friend over for the weekend..... so Blake's old friend from Daycare, Ryder, came over... and Calli (Jade's first choice always sleepover-friend) came over.....

Clever me, didn't think about the fact that Rob was going down to Brisbane for a WFTDA Clinic weekend... and so he wouldn't be here to help wrangle 4 kids......  but that's ok... I got this!

Just before Ryder was dropped off, Blake had come upstairs and sat on my lap... he felt really hot - but had been running around outside... his temp was up.... so as Sarah arrived, I pre-warned her that Blake was warm - but wasn't showing any other signs of being sick.... she was working that night, so having Ryder at our place was good for her and she said she wasn't worried at all.... 

Sheena dropped Calli off soon after... and everything seemed to be going according to plan....




Bathed the boys first and gave them a pile of glow sticks......


Then it was the girls turn...



After their bath, the girls wanted to do their nails.... Calli had brought over these nail stickers... so we put them on....



These two are definitely the best of friends.....


Ryder came out of Blake's room later asking if I knew where Blake was.....  


I found him!
Blake had gone into our room and got into bed.... and all I could see was the top of his head....



Ryder happily joined the girls to watch Frozen.....


Popcorn!!!!

When it came time for everyone to head to bed, Ryder wanted Blake in the room too...   I had checked on Blake and his temp was way up.... I was really nervous about putting him into the same room because I didn't want him passing it on... but Ryder was adamant that he wouldn't sleep without Blake in there.... so I got Blake up - and got him into his own bed... they all went to sleep quite easily.....

I then waited for Blake to wake up to go to the toilet.... and I made him come back into my bed to sleep the night... that was I was also able to keep an eye on his temperature.... last thing I needed on a night with 4 kids in the house was to have to rush to the hospital with Blake....  luckily with alternating panadol and nurofen I was able to keep Blake's temperature below 40 for the night (which is still extremely high for my 35 standard boy)....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...