Friday 13 March 2009

Shed Ramp is done.....

Blake News....

Blake had a busy day today, he went to sleep at 10am and I was hoping he'd just do his usual 1hr sleep because I wanted to head to the hospital to visit Bec... but no - at midday he was still asleep...  Mom had come up to the house and offered to stay with Blake so that I could visit my friend... he finally woke at 1pm - just in time for me to get home after visiting hours had finished.....

I fed him and we headed into BigW because I wanted to try to find a birthday present for Bec's daughter Emily (turning 1 on Sunday)...  I didn't manage to find anything that appealed - but this stopped Blake from being able to have an afternoon sleep because by the time we'd finished at BigW it was time to pick up Jade....

We got to daycare just after 3pm - Blake was asleep in the car... I felt so bad because I had to wake him up to go in to get Jade....  and of course everyone wants to talk to Blake in the centre - so he was kept busy smiling at everyone and a couple of friends had to have cuddles - so he was awake that entire time (oh - and this was delayed by the fact that one of the carers was doing "shave for a cure" so we all stood around to watch her have her hair shaved off.... completely... well down to a "O" on the clippers)

We got Blake back in the car and headed for Mom and Dad's place (this is a usual request of Jade's on the way home from school) - when we got there.. Blake was asleep again... *sigh* poor kid...  but he was happy to see everyone ....

We got home - I ran his bath - bathed him - changed him... put him on the floor gym and went to get Jade out of the bath... and when I came back - this is what I found....


Shed 96% complete...

The concretor came back today to do the little ramp into the shed (with the current road bike - and with the fact that Rob will eventually get himself a road bike - we didn't want a struggle each time we were to roll them into the shed - so we had the concretor do a little ramp into the shed...

After he'd completed it I started to wonder if I'd just wasted my time as there's still about a 1.5-2" bit that we're going to have to push up against... but, we're going to topsoil and get grass back in the yard once this is all done - which will raise the ground level - so hopefully there wont be much of a "step" onto the ramp - as such.....


and this is the metal piece still on the roof of the shed.... but they haven't installed the whirly birds yet - so they're still due to get onto the roof at least once more....

This is the end of the ramp - you can kind of see how it's lower than the Shed slab - so hopefully it'll be ok for the bikes....


Jade News...

I was on the phone to Rob (who's still travelling) - and I was telling him how I'd got Jade some new jigsaws...  I'd already given her two of them - there's a Disney Princess one at Mom and Dad's place and I gave her a Thomas one for at home - I'd bought some others - but Jade doesn't know about them... so when I was on the phone the conversation went as such:

Me - I got Jade a Princess Jigsaw - and a Thomas one
Jade - I HAVE A THOMAS PUZZLE DADDY!!!
Me - I also got a C... A.... R.... S.... one and a P.... L..... A.... Y....    S...C....H....O.....O....L.... one and some other one but I can't think of it

then Jade wanted to get onto the phone to tell Rob about her Dora DS game (which I also found when shopping today - and she loves it - and REALLY knows what she's doing with it), so then Jade got on the phone and said "J..... A..... D..... E..... I got a Dora DS game!!!!!"

Rob was a little confused as to what Jade was saying... but she'd figured given I was spelling things - that she needed to do that too... it was so cute... :)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...