Saturday 7 March 2009

Happy 39th Wedding Anniversary Mom and Dad!

I'm in so much trouble....  Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary today and we all forgot.....

Mom phoned this evening to ask if we wanted to go to their place for dinner, we'd already said to a friend we couldn't go out for her birthday for dinner because of Blake being upset and cranky because his teeth are moving around and hurting him (and boy can THAT kid go off!!)... but we figured dinner at Mom and Dad's place is ok - because if I need to change him or feed him - or anything...  it's easy enough at Mom and Dad's place... 

Plus, there are people around ready to give you a break if you need it too....

So, we headed over and sat down for dinner... a nice simple chicken and salad evening...  and Dad pulls out the bubbly.... so I went "oh, is this a dinner where you're telling us that you're ready to take your six month trip around Australia and you're just getting us all together to break the news???"...  something was definitely up...

Then, once everyone had their champagne (I had all of a sip before deciding that was enough with the fact that Blake is feeding all the time while he's unhappy)... Dad says "Happy 39th Anniversary to us!".....  Well, we all felt like crap...  everyone forgot... apart from Gran... she'd at least thought that it was tomorrow (so she was only a day late!) (at this point I was glad that I hadn't said that we'd not go because of Blake being unhappy.....)

I'd still like to blame the fact that I've had a baby screaming in my ears for the last three days - I'm lucky if I remember to feed myself - let alone remember special occassions... :)

Anyway, so here's to the next 39years...  and I can honestly say these guys are as happy today as they were the day they got married....



Grandpa (Vic), Gran (GG), Dad, Mom, Uncle Gerry, Uncle David, Uncle Barry & Aunty Pam



When Mom and Dad got married, they were in Rhodesia... Mom's family were still in Australia and weren't able to fly out for the wedding - that's why there are no photos of Mom's family at all... but they were there in spirit....

They've accomplished a lot in their first 39 years - I wonder what's still to come.....

Love you guys!

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...