Saturday 28 March 2009

Rob's New Trumpy....

Today was the day for picking up Rob's new Triumph... it's a Sprint 1050 ST (I think I got that the right way around)..  we were going to pick it up first thing this morning - but we were running late with organising the kids (and organising Rob) - and we didn't get out of the house until just after 8am... and Jade had gymnastics at 9am... and we weren't going to miss that just to pick up a new motorcycle... it could wait!

As soon as gymnastics was over, we were off....

and here it is.... it's still missing the topbox - but that can wait til next week... we wanted to get out and get riding...

and he got new boots!

Rob's got his plate off the storm - and put onto his bike....

I got a new plate for my bike :)
(The number plate still has to be sorted - Dad's building a new bracket to hold it so that we don't have to drill holes into the plate like we did with the WOB plate)

and here are all of our bikes ready to go for the ride... 

(and now you can all see why I'm not overly happy with the new colour for my bike... it's not the nice dark purple anymore... it's more of a red pink colour...  I'll get used to it one day - or have it resprayed - by someone else!)

and the front view....
From Left to Right
Frank (TRX 850), Tharyn (VTR1000F), Rob (Sprint 1050), Dad (R1100RS)


We rode out to Biloela - which is only a 120km ride... Mom and Gran came out in the Prado with the kids - and we met up and had lunch and headed back to Gladstone (via the Coal Road)... I think if I get to go on the coal road a few more times I'll be more comfortable with it - you just never know if there's traffic going to come in the other direction and the road doesn't have middle lines - and people aren't always on their side..  a bit scary for me!

End conclusion - Rob loves his new bike, I've definitely missed riding mine but I had a sore butt by the time we got home... Frank's now looking at buying a Trumpy - and I think that if Rob were to give Dad his Trumpy - Dad would be happy too :)  (not that Dad doesn't like his BMW)...

Anyway, hoping for a decent night's sleep tonight... Blake's had a week of bad nights - but we believe this is due to needles - so hopefully he'll be over it soon.... but I'm going to head to bed now (8pm - how sad is that???)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...