Wednesday 4 March 2009

Melbourne Superbikes Trip - Day 7

Our last day at the Island... I got up early (well - Blake had me up from early....  I was up feeding Blake at 4:30am - and didn't bother going back to bed)...

I busily packed the cabin so that all we had to do was pack Jade's bed when she got up - change her and then get her pj's packed as well...  So I was busy packing and I msg'd Jodie (once it got to a reasonable 7am) to tell her that she could drop over to the cabin at any time to pick up Geoff's jacket and Molly's jumper that Rob and Jade had borrowed the night before.... they were planning on leaving earlier than we were...


Jade was exhausted after such a long weekend... 

Usually once there's noise around, Jade is awake... but Monday morning she was just too exhausted to care that there were people in the cabin....  I went and opened the cabin door just so that I'd see when Jodie turned up... and Smack was sitting on the verandah waiting for us to wake up....  I thought he would have heard me walking around the cabin packing - but apparently he hadn't......

Anyway, so he came in for coffee until it was time for us to leave...


Jade kept sleeping.....


Molly turned up to the cabin...  Rob had already taken their jacket and jumper over to them, but they headed over to say good bye before they left....  Molly got a new Jacket and Helmet on the weekend as her current helmet was a little too small and was making her sick on the trip down to the Island...

Everyone had been at the cabin for probably 30mins at least before Jade emerged...  and even then she wasn't overly excited to see everyone (unusual for Jade - especially when one of those persons was Molly!)





After we left the Island, we were heading to the hotel that we'd stayed at the week before when a motorcyclist rode past... and I was thinking "I know that Jacket...."...  hrm... BMW.... "I KNOW THAT NUMBERPLATE!!!!"

We called Vic to say that we were behind him and organised to meet up with him for a coffee before he headed home.....


Jade was playing DS under Blake's blanket to cut the glare on the screen.... can't say she's not smart!


This is a pic of Cranky Vic shaking his head at yet another Victorian Driver!!!


Jade getting ready for some more DS time....


You can always count on Vic to stick his tongue out.....

That's better....

Vic & Blake....

The kids love Vic... I think it's the goatie...  but he's really good with them...



By the time we stopped with Vic it was 12:30 - so we stopped for lunch - Rob was really excited to see KFC....  I wasn't so excited...  so I just had chips - and I don't think I even finished them...

We then headed to the hotel, unpacked our stuff and fed Blake.... Narelle met us there and we followed her to her In-Law's house to meet them... then we headed around to Narelle's for the rest of the afternoon (and dinner again!! Thanks Narelle!!!)

Blake's first time on Daddy's shoulders...

he's already got his grip sorted out!

Edmond decided at the end of the evening that he'd drive us back to the hotel....


I think this evening was probably our earliest for the entire week, Jade was asleep by 9pm (VIC time... so 8pm our time isn't TOO bad - even though she's usually out by 7:30)...  But I was too tired to get this blogging done that night.....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...