Monday 3 January 2011

A morning with Xander.....

Sunday 2nd January.....

Ok, so, New Years eve was a bust..... I'd been feeling crook since Thursday night, Friday morning I felt worse... and definitely worse again by Friday evening.... so we piked on doing any New Years Eve celebrations - even though Jaime & Damian said I was welcome to come and share my germs as they'd all had it....  I just wasn't up for it at all....

Saturday morning I was worse again..... I felt like I'd been run over by a steam train.... I got up and was sick (and at which time we discovered that Puggle is a sympathetic puker.... poor little guy....) - - - although, I did manage to get up and mow the back lawns while Mom and Dad (and a bit of Frank) mowed and brush cut the front lawns and Dad brush cut around the back.....  After they left, I had a second shower for the day and went back to bed.... 

I spent the entire day clung to my bed and left Rob in charge of the kids.... I only got up to put Blake to bed in the afternoon and again at night....

Sunday morning I felt much better.... although - I did have the world's most massive headache....


Bug spray.....  although, it appears that bugs weren't a problem, which surprised everyone!  Especially for Spider Man Play park....


Blake was straight up the ropes....


Xander appears to be part Bat....


Jade chose to wear a dress....  here's hoping one day she listens to me when I say that parks = shorts..... she didn't enjoy her time as much as she would have if she'd had shorts on...


Blake pretty much goes where he wants now, no need to chase around behind him to make sure he isn't going to fall and hurt himself....






Blake slides backwards...... which appears to be smart....


Xander decided this time to slide face first....


and had to slam on brakes at the bottom!





It's handy having Maccas next door... with their 30c - er - 50c- er... however much they cost now - cones....
unfortunately soft serve = super soft by the time it got back to the park.... but I did enjoy my coffee!! thanks Wobz!!!












We managed to survive at Spider Man park for 45 mins before the kids had had enough....

Even though the rain has only just gone away - it's still SO HOT...... so we decided to head home and fill the paddling pool.....  with Gelli Baff.... which seemed like a good idea.... but I can see how it'd work better in an actual bath.... although - it probably would have worked better if I didn't buy a blue one and put it in a blue paddling pool!!!

The kids still enjoyed it.....  although.....  Puggle wasn't overly impressed when we said that he had to leave it for 5mins while it did it's thing...



Blake's "not happy having to wait" face.....



Rob got a hose and a spray gun to keep the kids occupied while we waited for the gelli baff to set...






Then they could get in....







once we worked out that it was a dud experiment ... and we needed more gelli baff to do it properly - it was time to add more water to the pool.....




and apparently - we needed to add more water to Blake's head.....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...