Monday 6 December 2010

Rink Rash....... (sorry for those who don't like the following pics)

Tuesday 16th November.....

So, I got back to Roller Derby once I had the all clear from the doctors.... and I'd only managed to fall once at the start of it all....

This appears to be my problem, if I don't fall down, I assume I can do anything....  there's no need to worry about starting on the small stuff... let's just go straight for level 10.....  why not!

I haven't jumped on roller skates since 95 or so, I used to do ramps all the time at the local skating sessions - and of course - you don't think back to how much you had to learn to do the ramps in the first place....  it's like riding a bike.... Right???  

Apparently not....

All Rod did was put cones on the floor....  little cones - not even traffic cones.. these things may stand  10cm high.... maybe...

So, full steam ahead..... jump and fall.... and I was quite impressed with my fall - I went down on my left side... didn't hurt - got back up and kept skating....  although - once the sweat starts sliding over the top of a burn, you notice it.... OMG do you notice it!!

So, very proud of my rink rash - I take a pic to post of Facebook.....  "Look at how clever I am!!!" type thing....  very proud to be a real derby girl now....    


It really didn't look that bad..... I even finished the training session... nothing was going to stop me...



The following afternoon..... (17/11/10)
It still didn't look too bad... it was a little unhappy.... weeping and all... but all in all I was quite impressed with how well my leg had held it together....


18/11/10
It's still looking ok.... it's starting to heal around the edges.... now I was just hoping that it'd be better enough for trials riding on the weekend.....


19/11/10
In the morning I had a bit of pink around the sore, after work I had to go shopping by the end of the shopping expedition my leg had gone red from knee to ankle, I had Jaime with me who dragged me to the nearest chemist to see what to do, the pharmacist said to get to the drs.... luckily I managed to get into a Dr (always hard on a Friday afternoon) and he gave me some antibiotics....  he said I had cellulitis (which I was cursing under my breath at him for - until I looked it up later and found it had nothing to do with fat!) - he also said that there was bruising there, which I assured him there wasn't - and he said "wait for the red to go away...." and he was right....

(I also realised at this point that there was no way I'd be getting that leg into my bike boots)


21/11/10
by Sunday the infection was definitely clearing, and the sore was looking much better....
(and I did make it to Derby training!!!!)


27/11/10
This was taken in the car on the way to the trials club breakup, my leg was 95% better and capable of going into my riding boots for the weekend comp....... so yay for the power of healing!

(as of today - you can still see pink where it all was - but no sore left......)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...