Friday 19 February 2010

Pirate Day at Daycare....

Wednesday was "Pirate and Fairy" day at daycare........

Jade has her tinkerbell dress - but I thought I'd prepare for a child who doesn't always go with what you expect them to......

Jade had decided to be a fairy - but I'd half made the pirate costume - figured it'd come in handy one day.....

I'm not artistic..... I may be "creative" - but I'm not artistic.. I can picture things - but making them happen is another story....

Anyway, so I found a picture of a skull and cross bones - printed it and put it inside the t-shirt to "trace" - - - unfortunately the shirt is a bit thicker than paper - so it didn't show through... so I stretched jade's t-shirt over my laptop monitor (and it's a 17" screen - so the shirt was STRETCHED) Anyway, the light from the monitor meant I could see the pic - so I layed the screen flat and traced very carefully (to avoid nikko on the monitor).. and voilah!! pirate t-shirt....

The pants were a pair that she's nearly outgrown - so I didn't feel too bad cutting them up a little.... and the purple ribbon is from wrapping Jaime used on a present for Mom.... luckily she was smart and kept it... we didn't cut it - just wrapped it around and around until it was short enough to tie.....

Bandanna courtesy of Canteen.... and eye patch and make-up courtesy of toyworld..... so all in all I think I spent $7..... so that wasn't a bad effort... :)




I'd organised Blake's outfit and got him dressed up - but he had a temp - so I left him home with Gran, Grandpa and GG for the morning and picked him up on my way home.....

you wouldn't guess he was out of sorts!


There seemed to be more kids dressed up for this day than the last one - so hopefully parents are starting to put in a bit of effort so that the kids have an exciting day.....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...