Monday 22 February 2010

Superbikes 2010 Trip - Day Three....

Monday morning plans were to head to Narelle's for breakfast - then we'd head over to Chadstone to the Apple Store and get the iPod replaced (again) - and get Rob's iPhone replaced... by the time we were ready to leave for Narelle's place - it was nearly 8am (VIC time)... and then we realised it would be a 45min drive to Chadstone - so we skipped out on Breakfast and headed straight over.....

Peak hour traffic... and raining.... and Victorian drivers (OMG they're a difference species!!) (sorry to all my Victorian friends - but seriously - someone needs to pull half the drivers off the road and put them through their licence tests again)...

So, we ended up taking 1.5hrs to get there (I really don't miss city living!) - luckily I had bananas and water in the car - so the kids were ok to wait for breakfast.... poor things!

We got to the Apple store, changed the phone and ipod over and headed down to Lakes Entrance... we finally got here about 3pm local time... so we unpacked the cars.... got the cabins sorted (Narelle, Shaf, Damien and Edmond came down too - they're in a cabin across the road from ours...)

Then Narelle and I were going to head into town to go grocery shopping for the next few days... Rob asked that I take Blake with me, he was happy to have Jade here - but feared if I was gone for over an hour that Blake may chuck a major narnie.... so I took Blake, then Shaf asked if Narelle could take Damien.... so then Jade wanted to come.... so poor Edmond stayed back with the boys... and they seemed to manage quite well with one child between them!







The park at the Caravan Park.... not bad hey? you can also see off to the left of the photo the pool fence.... although it's been a bit cold for swimming since we've been here...

Blake loves the park now that he can climb pretty much anything...

Narelle's dog Rusty

Jade

Edmond

Ahhh the swing.. always a favourite...

This is our cabin... behind the verandah is our room - it's only got a double bed - but it's comfy...
we've squeezed the port-a-cot in there too so that we can close the door when we put Blake down for a sleep....

The kids eating dinner...

The other kid eating dinner....



It had been a really long day - so we all said good night about 7:30 so that we could get the kids to sleep.... I got Blake's bottle ready - he drank about half of it and had fallen asleep before putting him down.... (at home he's still reasonably awake when we put him into the cot.... we're really wearing him out on this trip... plus he hasn't had his normal sleeps since we left)....

I ended up falling asleep on the lounge floor (on top of a doona though) - Rob was trying to get internet working here and I was tired so I figured I'd lay down while he got things happening and then I'd blog ... but that didn't happen... I woke up this morning going "did i blog last night? I know I edited the pics" - - - "nope, you were asleep within 5 minutes of getting on the floor".....

So, sorry to anyone who's been waiting for blog updates.... :)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...