Wednesday 1 August 2007

New Car day - Hopefully

If all things go to plan, we'll be picking up the new Vito this afternoon. It doesn't have the side windows or the bullbar on yet, because DC Motors are having problems getting them. It does have the cruise control, which is reasonably important. I like not getting speeding tickets.

I've been thinking about where to put all the 'geek' stuff, and I think I've decided that Tharyn's idea was the best (as usual). There's a reasonably large gap between the two front seats, which is designed to let you have access to the storage area without getting out of the van. If I get a decent box built there, I can use it to keep all the geek gear in - the inverter, radios, 2nd battery, etc. I'm not sure if I want the 2nd battery up the front though. I'll have to have a think about saftey and mounting etc.

If I build a decent enough size box, I can stick a Car PC in there too - we've got enough bits lying around that it wouldn't actually cost us anything, and if I stick a decent sized hard drive and a WRT54G in there, I could connect to the file server at home from in the driveway and update my MP3's in the car.

All I'd need then is a monitor of some sort in there. I could put one on an arm, I guess, so that passengers could watch vids whilst travelling, and if we get it mounted correctly, it could swing around to act as entertainment whilst having a kip in the back. I'll look into that. Also, having a proper supply of USB power would be handy. Pretty much everything charges of USB these days.

Dropped jade off at daycare this morning. Second time (and second day in a row) that she didn't have a tanty when I left. Yay!

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...