Sunday 4 January 2015

Weekend away......

Friday 7th November...

It's not very often that I get away for a weekend without Rob or without the kids... or without all of them... but after Rob saying he was going to America for nearly 3 weeks.. he promised me a weekend away....

Originally this trip down to Ipswich was supposed to be the entire family... but Rob had only been home a few days and knew that going away for the weekend would be too much - so it seemed like a simple solution to two problems....

Holly agreed to travel with me down for the bout (because Rob had promised his gear to the league putting on the bout....).

We left as soon as Holly had finished work on the Friday - and as soon as I had finished... we got out of Gladstone around 2pm....



Nearly in Gin Gin - and we cop a rock from a passing truck!  THANKS BUDDY!
(huzzah for Windscreen insurance!)


Holly and I decided to take a selfie when we stopped at Caboolture for dinner...


We got to the Hotel and Holly was happy to find that she had the choice of three beds.....




I had a queen all to myself....
(Unfortunately there was no fan or aircon in my room.... most disappointed with THAT!)



After dropping off the g33k gear the next morning, we decided to venture out to get breakfast....


We found this cafe... figured this would be awesome....  only to discover that they only did coffee..... so we went searching for another place.... not an easy place to get around....



We discovered that Spiderman had snuck away with us for the trip.....



We then decided to hit the shops....  


I found a giant TARDIS mug... but I decided against buying it... it held 1litre and I already have a 750ml Disney Mug for my morning coffee....



We saw this sign near the hospital where we went to visit Busty and Abi....


We caught up with Busty for a couple of hours and went up to see Abi for a bit... she wasn't too well  but was happy for the visit - and happy with the presents I bought her....
(as she is quadriplegic she only has the function of her head and she can talk - so we tried to find her toys that she could operate vocally)

I found her a bird that whistles - and you get a whistle in the pack to make it sing..... a Magic Jinn - that asks questions to discover what animal you're thinking of.... and argh - something else.... I can't think of what it was....





We got to the bout and picked up mine and Zerky's team shirts... (supporter shirts....)

Zerky and DBlock had had conversations saying that she wanted her shirt to do the rounds at the bout.... so - I did my best..... 





  





The Bundy Girls

  



  

Holly wanted to check and make sure they made good pants.... 


Suz


DBlock


Dead Meat & Akubra Mattata 


Akubra


Dead Meat


HeBeGB


Even the Penalty Board got a go.....


Zerky getting into HeBe's pants...



Sonic Anvil


Reaver


Eve of Xtinction



Holly & Body


Zerky Pillow has been put in the naughty corner....


Night Night Zerky...


Zerky pillow did not want to sleep alone.....


The next morning Holly and I went for a skate....


I couldn't believe how sore my feet were after the skate.... it's amazing how you get used to wearing those skates - and how so much time away from them means that they hurt again and you've gotta get used to them all again from the beginning....



After our skate - we packed up our room and headed into the city to visit Busty and Abi again before we headed home....they've been there now since early April and it's not looking like they're moving out any time soon.... 

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...