Sunday 4 January 2015

A "Dance Mum" I'm not....

Saturday 22nd November

So, the kids had a rehearsal for their dance concert....we'd been told they didn't need to be in their costumes for this - and once they'd finished their section they were free to leave on the rehearsal day....

So, the kids got up - got dressed (in standard clothes) - and we got down there....

First Drama of the morning was that I hadn't put Jade's hair in a bun.... I wasn't told she needed that for the rehearsal either.... but Jade had a mini-meltdown about it.... most of the other kids had their hair up....

Then Jade noticed that a couple of the girls from her class had their leotards on... So she didn't want to join in without her costume....  her teacher spoke to her and said that it was ok that she didn't have her costume....

anyway, when they split into their classes - all of the kids in their class had their costumes on... so I was pretty much the worst mother in the world... (according to Jade).

But in all fairness - we know this about Jade - she doesn't like sticking out - and she doesn't handle it too well... if I'd known they would have been in costume - I would have prepared better....

LUCKILY - there was enough time to duck home and get their costumes and get them changed into them....  The kids were happy - but I was a complete mess....

Hopefully next year I'll have more of an idea about what I'm doing and be better prepared!



No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...