Tuesday 6 January 2015

The making of 1x Marcelline Guitar......

Monday 1st December

The kids have their school dance coming up - and they go in costume...  there was a bit of a mixed message as the Prep kids were told to come in a period of music that they liked and the rest of the school appeared to have been told to just come in their favourite costume..

Anyone that knows my kids knows that their favourite costume is one that I haven't made for them yet... 

Jade decided she wanted to go as Marcelline from Adventure time (see below) - I figured this was a simple costume... purple pants, grey shirt, red boots and black hair... unfortunately - without the guitar - it was just Jade dressing up as Jade with black hair....   the guitar was the vital ingredient to this costume.....

I tried looking in EB Games and Kmart etc to see if I could buy a guitar (easy option is not always an option).

So, I decided to make it.... easier said than done.....  





I ended up buying foam boards - and cutting them into shape and gluing it all together.....


The pieces needed to be slightly different so that there was extra stability between the various parts... so the main part had a "hole" in the middle - and then the neck of the guitar had a longer piece in the middle so that I could slide it into the other hole...



I wasn't sure whether I'd be happy with the end result...  and I feared that it would fall to pieces as soon as Jade touched it.... 


Then I had to spray it red.....


I also had to spray Jade's boots red... but these are the ones that I'd previously painted gold... so I didn't figure that I was really wasting another pair of boots as I had felt when they were black and were turned gold (which at that point I'd bought Jade a new pair of black boots to replace the ones I'd be destroying) - didn't figure she'd wear them again after that party - but she's been happily wearing her gold boots.... (and after this dance - she's continued to wear her red boots.. so.. yay recycling!)


We got to the afternoon of the school disco - and I realised that I hadn't put the stickers on the guitar to get it ready for the dance.... but I managed it JUST in time.... I forgot to do the outside of the "axe head" silver... but no one seemed to notice....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...