Monday 16 February 2009

Valentines weekend.....

Wasn't the best weekend ever...

Firstly, Rob's stuck in Townsville... but will hopefully be home tomorrow (a week early!!!! Yay!!!).. so he'll only have been gone 2.5 weeks - which is such a relief as I'm not sure how I'd go with another week at this point....

Secondly, I came down with some kind of throat infection...  I've had fevers since Friday night... only going as high as 39.6 - but still bad enough to put me off my game...

Saturday morning we headed to Mom and Dad's place to cook bacon and eggs for breakfast for Mom for Valentines day...  when we got there I wasn't feeling *too* bad... my throat was sore and my voice was scratchy - but other than that I was ok... oh, and I was really tired.. but that was because I'd been up with the fever all night and when  Iwas just able to settle down to sleep - Blake would wake up... so it wasn't a flash night...

Anyway, we finally got Blake to sleep about 9am on Mom and Dad's bed and Jade had Gymnastics... so I was going to leave him there and take Jade down...  but Blake kept spitting his dummy and whinging (we think he was a bit unwell too)... so I lay on the bed to calm him down each time until he went to sleep - and I ended up falling asleep too...  

When I woke, Mom had taken Jade to Gymnastics...  Blake kept waking and whinging - so I went back into the room to sort him out and was asleep again when Mom got home... without Jade...  Damian took Jade with him and Xander to play at the park until Jaime had finished working...

In the mean time... look what got delivered to Mom and Dad's place.... FOR ME!!!

A dozen red roses....

Rob knew I'd be there because Jade had gymnastics and I'd planned on leaving Blake there while I took Jade - as it would be easier for all concerned... 

Jaime phoned about 11:30 and asked if we'd like them to take Jade for the afternoon, I accepted without a second thought (as, at this time I had Jade's mink blanket wrapped around me because I was freezing cold - while everyone else was saying how warm it was...)

Soon after this I decided to take Blake home and get him to sleep at home so that I could try to have a decent sleep....  when we got home - we found this at the back door...

Long Stemmed Red Rose

(Rob's not really good at "Secret" stuff - I phoned him to thank him for the rose and he tried to deny it.... but you can hear it in his voice....)

Back to Blake having a sleep - that didn't happen... he wasn't big on sleeping in the afternoon...  my temp was up and down like a yo-yo - but other than that I wasn't feeling too bad.. a little hard to swallow - but no unbearable....

Jaime phoned around 5pm and offered to keep Jade overnight... I was so tired with Blake not sleeping that I didn't hesitate to say yes...  Blake then screamed pretty much from 5pm til 6:15 when he finally passed out from being so tired...

I was feeling really good about everything - I was asleep by about 6:30... 

Jaime called at 7:20 - which I was worrying was her saying that Jade decided she didn't want to stay the night... but, it was just Jade saying good night...

I happily went back to sleep and woke up at midnight unable to swallow at all (well without feeling like my throat was going to cave in completely)... my tonsils and my throat were all swollen...

Just as I was getting back to sleep, Blake woke wanting a feed, he was back to sleep within 20mins and back up around 4:30am (unfortunately as it's pretty much light here at 4:30am - he's not big on going back to bed after that feed - so that's when my day starts)...

Mom came over in the morning to help out... firstly we headed to the Drs and I got some medication to help get rid of the infection... then we headed home - got Blake to sleep - and Mom stayed with Blake so that I could try and go have a sleep... and I managed to sleep from 11am til 1pm.. yay me!!!

Mom headed home about 2-2:30 sometime... then Jaime called to say they were bringing Jade back.. once they arrived Jade decided that they were going for a swim at Mom's place... so we all headed over....

I felt so much more human last night... it helped that I was able to swallow a little....  I'm feeling a bit better this morning... but Jade isn't herself... not sure if she's tired from such an exciting weekend or if she's just feral because she can be....  

She's really gone weird with swimming, it's not like she doesn't enjoy swimming, it's not like she can't do it...  I have no idea what the problem was...  at one point I just walked out with Blake as I couldn't take it anymore... then she settled down because Miss Terri told her that she'd upset me and I'd left...  (also she dunked her which got her attention)  So, she ended up being good for half her lesson... it was like a totally different child... back with the group - doing what she was supposed to and having fun....  

I can't work kids out!!!!

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...