Monday 22 June 2015

Chess Whiz!

Thursday 4th June

Part of Jade's homework this week was to play a board game.... now I'm guessing most kids in her class probably picked something like Monopoly or Connect Four.... not Jade... I couldn't even convince her to play checkers instead.... nope... Chess....

And within about 10 moves - she'd already taken my king.....  Horrid Child.... and this isn't a kid who's ever been "allowed" to win...  she's always had to fight for it - no hints - no tips.... (though, she does like to give you advice on where you're going wrong and how she's planning on taking down your king... (usually after she's already set on a path that you can't avoid)).





I did win the second game... but only after she moved her one piece out of the way and let me take it... so... yup... she let ME win....   How is this fair??  I'm supposed to be the one going "oh look how much smarter than you I am!!!" nope.... not in THIS house!


I did have to get a photo of it - because it's probably the last chance I'll ever have to get her king!

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...