Wednesday 10 June 2015

Engagement Ring changes.....

Monday 20th April

I had started the process in January... a process that was only going to take "a couple of weeks"... I went into the local jeweller and asked about having my engagement ring "re-made" - the reason for this was that the emeralds were starting to chip and the thought of losing any of them was horrifying.... So, I spoke to the jeweller and he said that putting in "cultured" emeralds rather than "natural" meant that they would be stronger... and to "punch" them into the ring rather than having them "clawed" would also protect them... 

We were also coming up to our 10 year anniversary and this was always the mark when I figured you had "earnt" your eternity ring... I don't believe that sticking it out with someone for a year, or even sticking it out with them until you've had a baby was proof of eternity....   is there really a proof of eternity?  But, 10yrs was an achievement... and it meant that you were in there for the long haul....

So, I wanted to plan this ring as well... with the engagement ring as it was, there was no way to put an eternity ring on the outside (where it should be...) - so we'd always just said that I would have alternating emeralds and diamonds in a band and I'd put this on the other side of my wedding ring, I knew it wasn't right - but it was the only choice I had....

With the fact that we had to "re-design" the engagement ring we were able to make it a little "flatter" so that the eternity ring could go where it was supposed to....

So, we got started....

Out with the old....





In with the new....


It was designed to resemble the old ring and had a few extra emeralds in it.

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...