Wednesday 5 August 2009

On the mend......

I'm not sure why I didn't complete my post last night explaining about how Blake was doing last night.... we had another crappy night... he was up and puking at about 8:30 or so... I ended up having to call Mom and Dad to come and help as I couldn't clean him up, and keep him happy and clean everything else.... it wasn't a very pleasant evening....

Anyway, finally got him to sleep around 10:30 and he managed to sleep until 6:30 - even though at about 4:45 he was making noises from his room - but he didn't wake fully - so I didn't go in....

Today, he's been just perfect... back to his old self... he had a 2hr15min sleep this morning and 2hrs this afternoon before the noisy inconsiderate person from across the road with his V8 was revving it and woke him.... mind you, when he woke he was in a fantastic mood.....

this is what I found when I went into his room....
he's worked out how to turn his projector on and off.... (he thinks he's clever now!)

if you click on this pic - you can see that his right eye still has a little bit of red... but it's not as bloodshot as it was on Monday... and even last night it looked really bad... (if you look at the bath photos from Monday - you can see that his eye is bloodshot)...

this is now Blake's favourite part of the house.... Jade's books...


After I got Blake sorted, we headed over to Mom and Dad's place to pick up Jade... she'd spent the afternoon with Mom so that I could try and get some sleep while Blake slept... (of which I managed an entire 15mins.... I guess I just can't sleep during the day.... ) Jade was helping Mom make Anzac Biscuits....



Blake found a flashy light on the bottom of Mom and Dad's freezer....

Jade posing with her oven mit...

Cooking cooking cooking.....

Blake's getting more and more adventurous with stairs..... it's a bit scary at times....



All in all, we had a fantastic day today.... Blake went down at 6pm without a drama.... when I came out to get Jade off to sleep - she'd taken Blake's formula tin and had emptied some over herself... not sure what the deal there is... but she went to bed soon after that - so at least I didn't have to worry about what she was going to do next....




Oh, and I have to send out a big thank you to Mom and Frank for coming up and helping at the house today... Mom helped me get some housework done - and Frank was shifting dirt around the sides of the shed.... (Jade was helping Frank too....) But, my kitchen is now clean... nearly all of my washing is done - including all the stinky stuff from last night courtesy of Blake.... so it's all good... back to work tomorrow....

(we had a public holiday here today - show holiday)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...