Saturday 29 August 2009

Shipment of US Lollies.....

I was all excited the other day when I finally found out what the red strap lollies are that they seem to eat in all the US shows.... I then found someone in Australia that sold them.. so of course I had to order them... curiosity and all that....

Pixie Sticks (although note the spelling - these may not be the real ones!), Red Vines & Candy Apple Taffy......


So, after getting the photos - I opened them and I had to try.... well.... not overly thrilled with US candy apparently... cause BLERK! Maybe we're really spoilt in Australia - or maybe these aren't the REAL items... I may have to ask Sarah and get her to confirm whether they are nice or not....

I gave Mom all of the PixY sticks and the candy apple taffy and put a handful of hte redvines into a bag so that she had food for their trip down to the Trials comp for the weekend.... and I've been picking at the Red Vines today - which I've decided is a BAD THING...

I don't particularly like them, and I'm only eating them because they're there... that isn't going to do wonders for my diet... so I'm going to give the rest of them to Frank.. I'm sure he'll eat them over time...


------


On another note, I started getting down into the gym again this last week.. and OMG my legs are KILLING me... I've discovered (through midnight leg cramps) - that there are quite a few different groups of muscles that I'd never previously discovered... or at least that haven't ever cramped up on me at night before!!!

Anyway, here's hoping that I can get back into things and start taking the diet a little more seriously.... I know that it all happens in waves... and I can accept that... but I'm kinda on a plateau at the moment and it's bugging me.... (doesn't help with all the birthdays at this time of year....Mmmmm Cake!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those Red Vines do look authentic. US candy is very hit and miss. Almost everything red is that nasty fake cherry flavour and a lot of the chocolate is made by Hershey's which is also nasty. I much prefer the Australian candy my mother sends. :)

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...