Friday 7 November 2008

Blake - Day Five

Alrighty... well you can probably guess what happened today! (most people scroll through the pics before reading the writing.... so ok.. you guessed... we got to leave hospital!!!!)
In the morning, the nurse came in to see if I knew what was happening, I'd said that if my INR was high enough I'd get to go home - but if not - I was stuck there another day at least...
The Doctor came around and was talking about the fact that my INR had to reach 1.5 before they could happily send me home (it was 1.1 yesterday) - I figured this was an achievable goal.... I was wrong... my INR was only 1.3 (but we didn't find that out until we'd already packed -- explanation follows)....
So, while talking to the Doctor - he was talking about me taking Clexane (the blood thinning injection I'd been giving myself througout all of the pregnancies so far...) - and I'd said "oh - you should have seen my daughter last night who watched me give myself the needle last night... she was laughing... she thought it was funny!"... the Doctor looked a bit confused and said "oh, you're happy to give yourself the needle??" and I said "yeah - well I've been doing it for nearly two years now... so, I'm pretty good at it...." and he said "well, then I don't see why we can't send you home, I'll talk to the big boss and confirm that he's ok with you going home as long as you continue the clexane until we sort out the warfarin.....but don't get your hopes up!"
He came back about 20mins later saying that I would be able to go home and he would then go and sort out all of my paperwork and information to take to the local hospital so that they could manage my dosages...
Then we just needed to get Blake signed out... so he had another weighin... and he was 3980g - so he was only 240g down from his initial weighin - so they were happy with that... (they're allowed a 10% variance)... After the weighin - we gave Blake a quick feed and off we went... firstly to the hospital pharmacy to pick up my warfarin - and then we got in the car and drove back to Gladstone.....



I can't believe how small Blake looks in the car - but we did use a capsule with Jade for the first few weeks - but she really was just too big for it and we figured it wasn't worth the effort for only a few weeks.... (little did we realise he was going to be seriously smaller than Jade.... but he's big enough for the seat... so it's all good!)
We came home to this:
This is the same banner that Mom and Frank made up for when we had Jade - but Mom put a patch onto it to change it for Blake.....

No one had told Jade that we would be home... so she came up the stairs expecting to only see Rob, so she was pleasantly surprised with the additional people in the house....
Kisses for Blake...

Such a happy big sister!

Cuddles for Mom...

Blake's first cloth nappy! (and yes, it's nearly as big as he is....)

I've got a pic of Dad and Jade that looks nearly identical to this one!
Rob enjoying spending an evening at home - no travelling...
Grandparents enjoying time with Blake
Frank came over for dinner too.... he did have Blake time, but I'm not really up for jumping up every five seconds to take photos right now... maybe once my stomach has healed.... Sorry Frank!
We got Mom flowers to say thank you... Mom has probably had the busiest week of her life this week... she's been up at the house at 7am each day to get Jade ready for school, she's been keeping the house clean... cleaning up (and that's pretty much a full time job with a Rob and a Jade in the house! believe me... I know!)... THANKS AGAIN you really do make life so much simpler for us.. and we do appreciate it!

Jade was getting worried that Blake was getting lonely on the floor mat, so she went to entertain him....

Things then started to cool down, so we needed to get a jumpsuit onto him... This is ANOTHER of the outfits that we'd bought when we had Jade that she didn't really fit as it was OOO and just too small..... I think the only thing stopping the suit falling off Blake is the cloth nappy....

GG had cuddle time...
After everyone had left, we took Jade and Blake into our room - so that Jade could finish watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Rob found her a new DVD today when he went out shopping!) and I got Blake fed.... then we got them both to bed at the same time... After getting Blake into bed I had to go and sing Jade songs before I was allowed to turn in for the night....
Now, I'm officially turning in.... I'm tired... it's been a long day.....
Enjoy :)

1 comment:

Jaime S said...

So Happy for you guys! Glad you're home safe and sound.

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...