Saturday 10 November 2007

Away for a weekend......!!!

Last weekend was the Annual Conondale event... Conondale is about a 5hr drive from our place... not counting when we have to stop at all of Rob's clients on the way down... (and we ALWAYS have to stop at Rob's clients... these people can't manage to keep their computers running long enough for us to have a weekend off!)...

Anyway, rant over, we headed off at 7am Saturday morning... and got to Conondale about 1:30 or 2pm.... I can't remember exactly the time, well I'm not even sure that I actually looked at the clock when we arrived...

We arrived, unpacked the car and set up our tent and the little one for Greg....

Once this was done, Greg and Rob got dressed and went out riding on the trials bikes to play around... they both had a ball and managed to go through a helluva lot of fuel... but that's because where the trials comp is held each year also has a dirt bike track - so of course - boys will be boys - and they had to go and try the jumps and stuff.....

Lucky us.... we had jade in our tent for the night - which isn't usually a problem, however, since our last camping expedition Jade has gone from sleeping in her cot, to sleeping in a "big girls" bed... so, to cut a long story short - we couldn't put her in the port-a-cot for the night and we had to put her down just on the mattresses.... I didn't figure this would be an issue, we have two "double" self inflating mattresses which we usually shove on the ground... however, when setting up the tents, the boys didn't actually check the ground before laying the tent down and pegging it in... so, between both mattresses was a huge rock or tree root - or something... and I ended up sleeping on top of that (in between both mattresses) - as Jade takes up more room than Rob does on a mattress she wasn't huge on sharing the space with me...

I didn't get too much sleep that night as everytime Jade rolled into the edge of the tent she freaked... I guess she lost track of where she was and was getting claustrophobic (sp?) or something... so I'd have to roll her back onto the mattress and wait to make sure that she was definitely going to keep sleeping before I could happily attempt to go back to sleep... (keeping in mind that even though Rob wasn't drunk (a first for him at conondale) - he was still snoring!!!)...

Anyway, I finally gave up when it started to look light (as far as I was concerned) - and I headed off out of the tent to go to the toilets (which weren't flushing - so we had to use buckets to keep flushing them - and there were a limited amount of people who were apparently capable of actually doing this - so everytime you went you had to flush before you could even go! (end whinge))... I figured it must have been at least 5am.... but no, I was wrong... it was only 3am...

so I headed back to the tent.... sweating like you wouldn't believe... (and I was hoping for cool weather.... I was wrong there too!)... as I lay in the tent - I was listening to all the people in their tents around us snoring... I started to appreciate the petty effort that Rob puts into snoring... you should hear GREG! OMG! that kid can go off... I feel sorry for his future wife! ehehe... there were also other people going - but given I was in the tent - it was hard to work out what direction they were all coming from - so I couldn't go off accusing people the next morning.... else I'm sure I would have.....

Anyway, finally I heard people making noise - so I got up - it was only 5:30am - but it was late enough as far as I was concerned and I went over to have coffee with Mom, Dad, Angela, Mac and Shayne who were all awake... so that was good....

I got greeted for my birthday (oh yeah - I turned 30 - and now I'm *allowed* to have grey hairs.. even though I already have some!)... I got my presents from Mom and Dad - a really kewl roasting dish that can be used for just about anything... and even the lid becomes a dish of it's own (hard to explain)... From Angela I got a wooden motorcycle that is all nicely varnished (is that the right way to explain it?) - it's all shiny... unfortunately Australia Post is not ultra reliable with the whole "fragile" concept - so it's kind of a jigsaw - but we're going to glue it back together soon - and then I'll take a photo of it! - I also got a frypan (but a really good one that can even go in the oven.... OMG - I'm turning domestic! - it's taken long enough!)....

Then Rob finally hauled his butt out of bed (leaving jade happily sleeping in the tent) - from Rob I got a block of normal Cadbury chocolate... then I got this HUGE box containing:

Note the 2ltr milk bottle for reference of size, this chocolate bar is 4.5kgs.... I nearly died...


and yes, it is ONE bar, I thought maybe it was full of little toblerones... but I was wrong (AGAIN!!!)... we broke it up and gave Frank and Shayne two of the triangles, two to Mom and Dad, one to Greg, and the rest are all in a container in the freezer.....

Now, if that wasn't enough, then I got my 4LTR Port Barrell... I've wanted this for AGES, so Rob had organised it quite a while back, and had filled it... so not only did I get the barrell, but it was full.... not that it really helps me at the moment... but in a years time... that Port is going to be FANTASTIC!...

(mind you - I am allowed a little every now and then - so I definitely will have some over the next year..)

Anyway, enough of the birthday talk.... the reason for the weekend was the trials event... and this year - Rob decided to compete (although - he entered as non-competitive.. but he still had a good day)...

I must point out, Rob is riding MY bike - so that's why he had such a good day.... (plus he also had to borrow my riding shirt - because he had no idea where his had ended up after going out on the bikes the weekend before).

If anyone gets to watch any of the footage from the day, if it's bad - you can blame Greg - he did the first lot of filming....



Jade doesn't seem too sure about which hat she prefers, although she seemed to realise later that her hat didn't suit Mom.

Singing, "Little Peter Rabbit" (had a fly upon his nose.... and the flies that day were most annoying... however it beat having mosquitos hassling us all weekend).

I think Jade was seeing if she could dig into Greg's head ....

Shayne had a good ride too, including a few clean laps....



I blame Greg for all of Jade's bad habits!!!

Can watermelon ever be eaten without making a mess?

(Clearly not in Jade's case)


(Away from the Computer - and smiling - never thought we'd see it!!!)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...