Monday 6 January 2014

Bundaberg - Skate of Emergency

Saturday 6th July

Rob and I were asked by Rum City Derby Dolls to head down to help out with their Skate of Emergency bout day... they had 3 bouts and 4 teams and the winners of bout 1 and 2 played against each other in the grand final... it was a very busy day, but a great day all the same....

I was asked to MC on behalf of Cap Coast Derby Dolls (one of the Rocky Teams) and then I was asked to MC in the Grand Final (which was a great sign - given that my team wasn't in the Grand Final) ...  I'm sure MC'ing is a lot easier when you actually know all the players....



Injured Derby girls attend bouts in style!


Completely decorated crutches, leaving no parts untouched....


Cap Coast ready to Roll....


Rum City Ready to go too!


I couldn't get pics during the bout because I was a little busy!  But it was a great game with the lead changing the whole way through...


Team Zebra


Officials of all makes and models....



The kids were supposed to come with us, but Blake has a horrible fever and Jade decided to stay back at Gran and Grandpa's with him... which actually made things easier as I wasn't having to worry about whether they'd run off! :)  (though, I had arranged people to keep an eye on them at the bouts)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...