Sunday 12 January 2014

Adelaide Trip with Hell-on Sundae

Friday 2nd August 

Back in May after our disastrous trip to Brisbane - Rob and I discussed that I needed a weekend away, no kids - just skating....  So I spoke with Sundae and we planned a trip to Adelaide to visit Mama B and the Lil' Adelaide Rollers for their Charity Bout and then to join them for a training session...


Rob came to see me off at the airport......  he also upgraded mine and Sundae's flights to Business class between Brisbane and Adelaide.... which was awesome - as it meant we could also hang out in the Qantas Lounge while waiting for our flights....



We're at the gate and ready to fly!



In Business Class - and right up the back!  we were feeling very special!


We have arrived!!   Mama B and her daughters (Jamie and Cadence) came to meet us 

Saturday 3rd August

We went out for Breakfast at the Charmer's Cupcakery And Tea House and I got the biggest Cappuccino EVER! (with a handle anyway!) 



and a huge breakfast!


I got myself a Minion!





It's just a LITTLE cold in Adelaide....


Samantha (Mama B) & Justin (Maniac)
  


Bout time!


OMG - they have Toffee Apples here!


The teams getting ready to go!


Warming up!


I found Devil Spawn


Toffee Apples and Junior Derby....
(Life is perfect!)


Both teams and all officials....


Oops - nearly forgot Mama B!


Final Score....

The after party was held at Maccas.... I kinda wish ours were held there rather than pubs... but.... each to their own!


Sunday 4th August

Rachel (Spawn) came and picked me up Sunday morning to go for a beach skate and then for breakfast.....(or lunch.... or kinda both...)
I wish we had paths like this up here!







We went to the pancake place to get food.... we think they probably forgot to deliver our order as when it arrived, the pancakes were luke warm, a bit rubbery and the icecream was half melted....



After a bit of shopping - we went to join the rollers for their training.... Rachel quickly changed my wheels while I went off to get changed.... (sorry - blurry photo - which I didn't realise until later as I took it and put my phone down and ran off to get changed - yeah, we were a bit late... )


How cute are these kids??? :)


That night we went to have dinner at this American food place... their food was.... interesting to say the least... but they did have Dr Pepper.... :)




The Sundae was filled with fresh strawberries and fruit sorbet.... it was nice.... 


Sundae got a Sundae with Peanut Paste or something.... 


No idea what Mini Trix had....
Rocky Road I think


Did I mention it was cold???  Sundae and I were hiding from the frost bite!


This is looking UP one of the buildings from the car... we were doing a "tour of adelaide" drive....



Monday 5th August

Back to the airport to head home.....




Oh yeah, this is the life... our own TV's!



Rob would have been happy.... lots of MLP to choose from....



Sundae still feeling pretty special about flying business class....


Nearly time to fly!


Oh yeah! the food is way better in Business!


We arrived in Brisbane - and Bacon picked Sundae up nearly as we landed.... so I spent the afternoon waiting in the Qantas Lounge for my flight...  flights weren't being called, so I got up and walked to my gate to find out what was going on - and the flights were being cancelled left right and centre..... Mechanical Difficulties apparently....  so my 3pm flight became 5pm which became 6:30pm... 7:30pm... and at 8pm they decided that the flights weren't happening....


I ran into John Cherry who was also getting stuck in the same boat... but they managed to put him onto a flight that night.... my flight was re-booked for 6am the following morning and Bacon offered to come and get me and take me back in the morning so that I wasn't spending the night in the city alone... so I crashed at their place and then had to wake him at 4am to get going again....  

I got back to Gladstone and then had to rush home to get changed for work and got to work about 10mins before my first client arrived....  lucky!

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...