Monday 9 December 2013

Sydney WFTDA Weekend.....

Friday 12th April

We were off to Sydney for our awesome weekend away... Rob and some other Gladstone boys were doing a WFTDA (Women's Flat Track Derby Association) course and the girls were finding other things to keep them occupied....  

I'd made plans to spend the weekend with Smack and catch up with some other friends as well..  



Rob, myself and Krakka ready to fly to Sydney :)


Driving to Campbelltown to find lunch....


We found Hogsbreath... that'll do :)


We got back to our hotel and then the boys were busy looking for a bottle opener.....  we found it ... bolted to the wall...


of the bathroom!

We headed to a german restaurant next to the hotel that we were staying in....  interesting selection of foods available.....


Smack and his dinner... I think it was lamb on potato... or something....


Giant Meat Stick....  (I'm sure there's a better name for it - but that's what it was)


On the Saturday, Smack and I went to visit Tim and his little girl Charlotte....



She liked me, happily stayed on my lap to show me all of her toys....


Then it was time to take in a movie.....



Sunday 

Early the next morning I got a call from Rob - I had to cut my weekend dead at this point as Tipsy had fallen and none of the officials wanted to leave their training course to sit at the hospital... so it was my job... yay me!  :P

Anyway, so I did what was needed and cancelled all other plans for the weekend and spent the day sitting at the hospital....



Just a bad sprain....  all good to head back to the derby....


Shane and Jo came to watch the Derby... one of Jo's old friends from Darwin was there... (and funnily enough - Rob and I know him too!  small world!)




Marty picking up Horrorbelle's Xmas present that took forever to arrive... so I'm glad we were finally able to get it to her!  Though, he was threatening to take it hostage....




Monday 

We were all packed and ready to start heading home.... but our flight wasn't until later in the day...   

Rachel had brought Light City Derby shirts for Rob and I... and the funniest part was, the shirt she brought up for Rob was a female's shirt.... so he couldn't wear it... ;)     (mine fitted perfectly!)




Off to find Breakfast



Gladstone Roller Derby plus Tipsy Moo


Will, Kiri & Krakka all playing up in the back seat of the car....


Manly!


 Manly Blades!
(errr... I mean... SkaterHQ)

(This is where I got my first set of inline skates and this is the shop that got me involved in inline hockey - and cost me a packet of money over the years following!)


GRD farewells Tipsy Moo at the airport....


On the plane and ready to head home!

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...