Monday 9 December 2013

Bettie 'not so much' Bounce....

Sunday 7th April

One of our derby girls had a nasty fall at training and ended up breaking her leg.... seems to be the most common injury at derby and generally something which ends a players "career" in the derby world....   



Strapped up and ready to head to the hospital....


Teddy Bear Cannula's are the way of the future!!!!!


Nick and I signed her first temporary cast....



Flipped off by Hustler tops!!!
(yup - we were looking for ways to entertain us while we sat up at the hospital with Bettie who was extremely "out" of it on the gas and other drugs that they'd put into her system to ease some of her pain....


I arrived the following morning because I had to transport Bettie to the Rockhampton hospital so that she could have surgery on her leg... and they'd re-done her cast.. which meant that all of our hard work signing it had been for nothing... and we had to decide whether to sign her again....



This is probably the funniest thing I had seen....

They wrote on Bettie's leg so that they knew which one to operate on....  I would have thought that the cast going right up to her hip may have given it away - but what would I know? ;)




Thursday 11th April

Zerky and I headed to Rocky to visit Bettie after her Surgery (they had to wait a few days to make sure they weren't going to have issues with swelling etc....

When we got there, we went shopping for a "Bounce-back-Bettie" pack....


A Pink and Green Monster in her in house team colours....
  

Bubble Wrap - because you need to wrap some players to protect themselves....


A bouncing ball to help with her bouncing....


A Berocca pack to give her back to B-B-Bettie Bounce....


A "Green Whistle" - because she liked the first one so much.....
(for those not used to this type of thing at home - a green whistle is given to you by the ambulance guys with drugs in it for pain relief)


We figured that they would have taken off her lovely nail polish for her operation - but we weren't sure if they would have done all fingers or just the one that they needed to monitor...


and some new nail polish...


and Chocolates... cause... well... everyone in hospital needs chocolate :)


Pink and Green gift Bag...


All packed in and ready for Bettie



Oh, and Rob and I made her a shirt that says

"Temporary NSO - While I recharge my awesome!"

(NSO = Non Skating Official)


She loved her squishy toy.... and Zerky and I each got one - cause they were cute and talky....


I couldn't help myself... painted my nails while I was sitting on the floor chatting to Bettie....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...