Wednesday 8 June 2011

The joys of a 2yr old.......

Lately we've had problems with Blake sleeping all night.... we put it down to him being cold - he's been wearing Winter PJ's - but clearly it's not enough.... when he comes in at 5am (if he's managed to sleep that late) - his little calves are cold and his pants are up to his knees....

so, the theory was to get him back to the one piece winter pj's to get us through winter - then we could go back to standard PJ's....

Unfortunately, once you're looking at bigger than size 2 pj's like this - it's  abit harder to get ones that they want.....

Mom was going shopping and asked if I wanted her to get me something while she was out.....  she tried to call but I was busy at work and didn't answer the phone... so she went me a picture with the caption "sorry, this was the only option - unless you wanted hot pink" type message (I'm not going to go and pull out my phone to get the actual message... but that's the general idea.....)

Figuring that Blake wont care - it's yellow... it's not pink... and it definitely wasn't Jades.... he should be happy enough with that right????

I left for roller derby last night - told Rob where to find the PJ's and gave him the "good luck" speech as I left...  (more for the PJ style rather than the design.....)

Blake flat out told Rob "I'm NOT wearing THAT!"  



They're yellow....  and BLUE... how can that be a problem???


Ooooooh!

THAT's the problem... a girly carousel horse in pink and purple....

Went down like a lead balloon!



So, not knowing if my theory about the PJ's keeping him warm enough to get him through the night - and allow me to start my day a little later than 2 or even 5am.... I figured I'd give it another go tonight.....  

So, instead of pulling out the PJ's and letting him inspect them again, we had a discussion about how we can change the look of his PJ's by putting on a Ben10 top over the top....  

Blake was very excited about this..... 

Unfortunately, I'm guessing that the Ben10 top is in the wash .... I couldn't find it....

I found a Buzz Lightyear shirt and a Superman shirt - and let him make up his own mind... Buzz it is!

And.... Tadaaaaah!  we have PJ's on......




In true "older child syndrome" - we have Jade having to sneak into Blake's pics.....



"hold your head up and smile Blake!"




Happily watching Buzz Cartoon with his (or should I say Jade's) Woody doll on our bed..... he said that he was very comfy in his new pyjamas and he loves them LOTS!!!!

(clever mother I am... I am!!!)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...