Tuesday 21 June 2011

Jade's Room gets a make-over.....

I was out shopping with Mom on Saturday and found a bookshelf that I thought would be perfect for Jade's room.... get her books out of her wardrobe and a little more organised... (for how long is anyone's guess....)

Anyway, so I told her that if she wanted the bookshelf in her room - she'd have to tidy her room... which for a 5yr old  is a successful mission when all the toys are picked up and chucked into various boxes....

On Sunday afternoon, I brought the bookshelf upstairs and put it together...  

Monday afternoon (after the school run - and once Blake was awake) - I started pulling everything out of Jade's room.... I had to move the room around to put the bookshelf in as the way it was set up just wasn't going to work....  and pulling everything out of the room means that I can give it a great all-over vacuum....

Anyway, I'm sure no one is interested in the housework side of things.....

I put all of the stuff back in Jade's room - and we have.........







Once I got Blake settled watching his before-bed show - and Rob and Jade were busy playing checkers, I went about trying to sort Jade's books and put them onto her bookshelf....  (she placed her photo frame on top of the bookshelf with the picture of Alanah and Jade from last year)



She's got more than enough Mr Men and Little Miss Books to keep her busy....


I'm still looking for her huge collection of Dr Suess Books....  I put them somewhere so that they didn't all get pulled out and destroyed... and now I can't remember where I put them....  they'll turn up....


The books that are too big to stand up - and some that could be shoved against the other end....


and the empty shelf... but I'm sure that wont take long to fill.....

Jade's very happy with her new room layout....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...