Wednesday 13 April 2011

Circus Day at Daycare.......

Blake's daycare had a circus day today....  (Inspired by the Circus that was in town for the last couple of weeks.....  the kids loved it and Jade kept asking when we'd be going back......)

The idea was to dress up as one of the circus personalities....  Clown was the easy choice....  especially with only one days notice....   so after work I headed home to find out what I had to work with to begin the costume making process....  I found a white t-shirt that had a few daycare stains on it already - so figured that was a good place to start.....  

After speaking to Mom, we decided that the best option for the costume was to take to the t-shirt with some nikkos....  so after picking Jade up from school, we headed to BigW to get coloured Nikkos, we then went to pick Blake up from daycare and then headed to Mom's to visit...

While we were there, Mom took to the t-shirt with the Black nikko and drew the outline for a bow-tie and 3 buttons down the middle.... 

Once the kids were asleep - I got out the coloured nikkos and started colouring....

I seriously felt like I was the one who should be back in primary school....   after an hour or so, I was finished....  

I sent Rob out to get Blue, Green and Red hair spray....  and the rest is in pictures :)




Odd coloured socks.....


Jade's shoes make great clown shoes.... I put a pair of socks in the toe of each shoe and Blake comfortably wore them... until he had to step over things, then he wasn't lifting his feet enough and did end up going face first into the floor at one point....    But he had a great day



Blake wasn't happy when it was time to wash the colour out of his hair....  but he did enjoy wearing his goggles to do it!






Watching the colour wash out of his hair was satisfying for me, but upsetting for Blake....


The water was a lovely shade of blue by the end....  and Rob was right, it wasn't easy to photograph.....

All in all....  a good effort I feel :)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...