Sunday 13 June 2010

Daly's Gym - 1st Annual Fundraising Run....

Yesterday, Rob and I joined in on a poker run... although - not quite a poker run - as we were given numbers and not playing cards... but that's ok - I don't play poker - I wouldn't know if I had a good or bad hand - unless I had 4 aces, then I'd assume that may have been good....

But, given it was numbers - it didn't matter.... I can add... I can also tell by adding that I didn't get very high score because I was lucky to pull out at 60 at one point.... I didn't win any of the raffles either.... not that it matters... I didn't want/need a bottle of Rum....

First stop - Marmour Pub....

I didn't even realise until yesterday that there was a pub there... Marmour for me, for many years, has been a servo to stop halfway between Rocky and Gladstone..... (not that you need to stop after only having travelled 50km - but it comes in handy with little people and little bladders!)


New Shiny Boots! these ones have white design on the sole... not sure it'll stay white for long though... they're still nice....

Nat & Keith arrive....
Nat was generally the second last to arrive at each stop - because her bike refused to go over 100km/hr... and at times - it refused to even get UP to 100km/hr (unless going downhill with a tailwind)

Some of the bikes parked at Marmour Pub

Nat & Keith

I'm not a Harley Person... I don't get it.... it's not a riding style that suits me...
but I do appreciate the colour of this bike... it's one of those Chameleon paint jobs that looks blue/purple.... depending on the angle...

Stop #2 - Raglan Pub....

Rob's bike parked with the bike from across the road....

Jacki filming all the bikes arriving at Raglan

Stop #3 - Mount Larcom Pub...
Nat had to be pushed in - she ran out of fuel.... and we were only 100km +/- into the trip... that wasn't a good sign....

some of the bikes parked at Mount Larcom

The group riding between Mount Larcom and Diggers Arms in Calliope

Bikes parked outside Diggers Arms...

Hanging outside Diggers Arms having a drink before heading back to the boxing club....

I'm managing to pull off helmet hair a bit better these days.... yay for growing hair.....

Me & Nat
(I realise it should be Nat & I - but then it gets confusing because she's standing on the other side... so just don't pick on me - accept that I do understand English - but I also understand confusion!)

Sandra

Jacki keeping check of everyone's numbers....

Rob was there too.... he was just behind the camera for every pic except for this one! :)


We had a great day... Rob loved getting back on his bike... although taking off from Mount Larcom pub before everyone else left (so that he could set up to get the group shot) - he decided that with everyone watching he'd show off... and left on his back wheel...... I'm just glad that he was back in control and doing a reasonable speed when he passed the cops down the road!

Melissa came to our place to look after the kids as Mom and Dad are currently down Brissy way for the Queensland Titles... so here's hoping that Frank and Dad are riding well.... :)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...