Tuesday 8 June 2010

Super-Puggle......

Monday 31st May.....

At swimming earlier in the day (pre the visit from Jaime and the boys) - Blake was having to stand on the edge of the pool and jump in after "5-4-3-2-1 Blastoff!"....

He wasn't waiting for the Blastoff.... he was just jumping as soon as I'd start to count down....

We'd had the same problem with Jade when she was learning to swim too.... So... I decided to tackle this outside of swimming lessons - that way - when we returned the following week (ie. yesterday) - we'd have it sorted and he'd look very clever! (that was the plan!)

So, I stood Blake up on his change table (which was a clever idea... he can't climb up there - so there was no risk of him climbing up there and trying it without supervision... see? I thought it through! honestly!)....

At first he was jumping as soon as I'd start the count down - but he got it after a couple of attempts and then he had it sorted....

In the meantime, Jade had heard what was going on and wanted to have a go too... so she'd climbed up on the toy box next to the change table.... she'd asked to have a go and thinking clearly (for that split second) - I'd made her wait until I'd finished with Blake..... (didn't want him jumping without someone to catch him)

After a few goes - I decided that it was time to let Jade have a go.... now, that clear thinking woman - must have gone to lunch.... because I'd left Blake on the change table.... counted down with Jade... got to Blastoff... she jumped and as I looked over - so did Blake....

So this poor kid did a belly flop right down to the floor.... luckily the floor is carpeted as well as having a thick rug on the floor... but it didn't stop him winding himself... as well as getting carpet burn on his nose.....





It didn't look so bad at first.... it was just a bit pink.... at this stage I was more worried about the possibility of him having a broken nose or getting a black eye.... or worse... both!

The following morning - his nose was a tad pinker... but still nothing too noticeable.... that was until I dropped him to daycare.....

This was what I picked up at the end of that day.... just over 24hrs later and his nose was a mess.....
(and he wasn't overly happy with the world - but he'd apparently been happy all day at daycare - I guess he was just a bit exhausted by 5pm.... he only wanted his Dad)


Luckily it was all healed and looking much better by Saturday... but he did look like a "typical boy" for the rest of the week....


(I guess at least this proves that I'm not biased in my blog entries... I'm not going to skip out on events to avoid pointing out that I too am flawed as a parent... no one is perfect... anyone who claims to be obviously isn't trying hard enough!)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...