Sunday 28 December 2014

School Reunion Weekend......

Saturday 25th October

So, it's been 20yrs since we finished high school... oh yeah, I feel old now....  

Melissa was out from New Zealand and Rachelle was up from Brissy..... we had a fantastic weekend... I didn't go to the reunion as Rob was out of the country and I had no baby sitter.... but that was ok - I went to the 15yr reunion - I felt that I'd seen enough :)

Anyway, it was a great weekend with Mel - she stayed at our place (arriving Friday arvo and leaving Monday morning)

On the Saturday morning - we all met up at Spinnaker Park Cafe for a coffee and catch up... (everyone except for Mel and Rach live in Gladstone - still/or have moved back home after time away)...

It's funny how you can catch up with people again and it seems like only yesterday we were all hanging out at school....


Left to Right:
Melissa (Brumby), Dana (Leinster), Me, Rachelle Holt, Mindy (Bohm) and Natalie (Argh - I can't remember her maiden name...... )



Blake and Jett hanging out watching The Incredibles...



Jade & I hung out in the bedroom watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.....


Mel brought me Canterbury Cream!!!!!!!
(definitely a reason to visit New Zealand... I can't believe we can't get this in Oz anymore!)


Mel brought out some Tribal tattoos from New Zealand for the kids....  they thought this was fantastic....



The boys trying out their Warrior Faces..... oh yeah, I'm scared!



Jett wanted some hair chalk....



After Jett headed home, Mel and I made some stickers for her to put onto her daughter Ashley's school lunch boxes and other items....  while we were cutting green - she said that my car needed a modification to the sticker..... so instead of being "Teddie & The G33k" - I'm now "Teddie & the Kiwi"








While we were doing these, we also cut the stickers for the kids trials bike name plates too.....



Sunday afternoon we went to Barney Pt Beach to catch up with Leeanne (with her daughter Caitie) & Kylie from school.....



Leeanne & Mel


Leeanne & Caitie


Mel & I


Blake's tattoo is starting to wear off... :)






We made Mel Cook - given she's the reason we're all catching up... she's gotta work for it!




Ok, so I did some cooking too....


Jade came to supervise....


4 buds - 20yrs later....
(well, technically 21 - because Mel left school at the end of year 11 and moved back to New Zealand with her family)


Mel feeding the leftover sausages to the wildlife....











After we'd eaten, the kids went to play on the beach and go searching for shells....
















We had a great weekend.... couldn't believe when it was all over and Mel had to head home.....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...