Thursday 12 May 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Sunday 8th May

This is the first Mother's Day in 4 years that we haven't done the trip to Many Peaks... so that was a bit sad....   but Mom and Dad are currently down with Uncle John in Coolamon (which is down near Wagga Wagga)

It was also the first Mother's Day where we agreed that it would just be whatever the kids made....  really didn't need all the drama of trying to decide on "something" that I really wanted/needed....  was nice to just have a simple day....

Jade made me a Bracelet at school with beads and elastic and she made me a card.....  (soon after taking the pics - she did decide that the bracelet was better suited to her - so she took it back)


Jade proudly showing off her lovely bracelet and card...



closeup of the bracelet... it really was very cute...
(I say "was" because Blake decided to play with it this morning (4 days later) and broke it... beads went flying everywhere.....  Jade's not very happy with him about it....)


Blake made me a lolly basket....
The basket is made from the bottom half of a coke bottle (I think) - which he's painted...  they stuck a handle on it and put in about 5 lollies... which Blake took off with... never to be seen again... I do believe he gave one to Jade though.....

(and yes, I realise this is payback for having handed out father's day jelly beans to all my school friends when I was in primary school - something that neither mom nor dad have ever (or probably will ever) let me forget.... (they're really good at going on about these things))


Blake also made me a card...


And he coloured it in!



The inside of Jade's card...


This is the kids trying to show me their presents.... and yes, it is very hard to get a 2yr old and a 5yr old pose for pics together....


Butter wouldn't melt....


And here is Blake and probably the last time I got to see my lollies...


Jade and the bracelet... just before she took off with it!


Greg came over later that day and gave me a block of chocolate for Mother's Day..... (he knows how to win my favour)


Greg's new GF - Maddison


Jade spent the day making me yet another Mother's Day card.....


and for those who don't read 5yr old....
"Dear Mum, I have the bracelet for you, it is very pretty...  From Jade"


Happy Mother's Day to all my "Mum" friends...

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...