Thursday 19 May 2011

Daktozin Disasters.....

Sunday 15th May....

Blake is no longer the "easy" day sleeper that he's always been....  last weekend he decided that he'd start the whole "I'm gonna play in my room quietly for a couple of hours then come out and tell you how big a sleep I've had" and yes, he does come out saying "I had a BIIIIIIIIIIIG sleep!"

I'm onto him now though, those dimples can't fool me forever!

On Saturday I ended up taking all of the toys out of his room - "That'll fix him!" I snigger in my head....  I was so proud of myself - no toys = sleep... and it did work... as well as the "Go to sleep now or I'll get cranky!" speech he copped with it!  

Rob was in charge of the Sunday sleep (as I'd taken Jade to the Roller Disco)...  so I'd warned him about "play time" as Blake probably sees it... and said to go in and check after half an hour that he's asleep...  I figured this wasn't really going to be an issue as there were no toys in his room....

I was wrong!

30mins later... This is what Rob found....


3 perfect little handprints.... (well 2 perfect and one "meh - I'm over this" leftover handprint)


As well as the rest of the painted floor!


So, Rob took the Daktozin out of the room and put Blake to sleep... leaving him for another 30mins....  he then went back in... and Blake had found ANOTHER tube of the daktozin and was at it again..... as well as another tube of other cream.....

Blake's room is looking fairly bare now - we can't trust him to be left with anything if we want him to actually sleep during the afternoon....




These are all the pictures of innocence I get when I get home....  I'm sure it was Rob who was actually playing with the Daktozin and just wanted someone to blame!



Butter wouldn't melt!


"It wasn't me!!!!!"



He's lucky he's cute!


This wasn't his first experience with bum cream painting... he did cover himself head to toe with Sudocrem at Mom and Dad's place one - complete with having it all through his hair... but due to him screaming and Mom worrying about it being in his eyes (as well as him having very sensitive skin) - she didn't take any photos as she was too busy trying to get it off him......

Jade is also not innocent in the land of Sudocrem painting...  when she was about 18months she got a tub of the stuff and painted my gran's rocking chair as well as herself... and of course, this was right before swimming lessons and after which I had to go to work - so it was a very stressful and busy morning trying to clean up her disaster - so I didn't end up getting pictures of HER like that either....

Although, at the end of the day, thinking about what other parents have said their bored children have painted with in bedrooms... I'm so glad my kids prefer the creams!






Jade's toothpaste experience - 31 March 2007
(Oh Look - pretty much the same age that Blake is now....  maybe it's an AGE thing to go overboard with stuff that comes out of a tube!  She was a couple of weeks younger than Blake currently is in this photo, so, Blake should know better!  he has age and wisdom on his side... and maybe he does know better, he just painted the floor, that toothpaste would start burning after a while!)



No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...