Thursday 20 May 2010

Trials weekend - Seeonee Park - Day 2

Blake managed to sleep in til 6am on Sunday... which is highly unusual for while we're out camping.... usually he starts his day around 4am or if I'm REALLY lucky - 5am.... we mucked around in the caravan for a bit and then got up and went to have breakfast.....


Blake found one of Daddy's pepsi cans..... So, what are pepsi cans good for?

Dropping on the ground....

and standing on....

"Meh.... walk away!"

a pack of roos came hopping past....

I think someone might be stealing my bike.....

Oh, it's Evil Wobz!

Dad ready to go riding....

"I've got my trials shirt on..... can't I come too????"

"Hrmphf! FINE!!!!!"

"I'll take my OWN bike!!! I don't NEED you now!"

Jade just chilling waiting for her turn.....

Totem Pole Family

Show Off!
I mean....
Frank

there he is again :)

Blake watched everything that everyone was doing...
taking it all in.....
He'll be competing by the time he's 4 we believe.....

"I can ride it now Gran... just let me down... I'll show you!"

"Hrmphf again! I meant... down... on..... a .... bike!!!!"

Jade and Blake walking back to camp....

Jade got a bit over eager in the "leading Blake back to camp" and pulled him over - as well as dragging him a bit (cause she kept walking and he kept holding her hand)
So, she stopped to give him a cuddle....

This is what happens when you put E10 in your bike tank... apparently it's really good for clearing out the rust... unfortunately for Darryl - it meant he didn't get to finish the comp because he had lots of this through his carbies - etc....

1st!

2nd!



Given that Rob and I had finished riding on Saturday - Rob went around with Dad and tried the B Grade sections... apparently he really enjoyed it - but stopped once the bike started playing up.....

I took the opportunity to run around and take pics of the riders.... I obviously didn't put them in the blog because I took over 800 photos - and I wanted to finish my blog entry this century! :)

The kids love going through the bush - so it's always fun going with them..... We had a fairly relaxing day.....

Both kids took turns going around on the bike with either Rob, Dad or myself.... at one point I was following Rob (who had Blake on the bike) - and the bike kept stalling... turns out I had very little petrol.... so I was lucky to make it back to camp before running out and having to push the bike up and down hills.... they may be "light" but they're not THAT light!

Near the end of the day, I'd decided that I'd like to try the B Grade sections.... in Section 1 the bike stalled.... in section 2 I didn't manage to turn tightly enough to get a decent line to go over the log (not that logs phase me... but when you don't have the space to turn - then unless you're Frank, you find it a bit difficult....) Section 3 I ended up getting stuck on a log - and then when I got the bike over the log (going up a hill) - I somehow dropped the bike and rolled....

Poor Blake was on Dad's bike with him and watching - and Blake cracked it... he didn't want to see his mother hurt - and he wasn't going to stand for not being able to come and give me cuddles... so we decided to stop it at that... my bike was playing up - and if I'd come off again - I doubt we would have got Blake back on the bike that day.... it's not worth stuffing up motorbikes for your kids :)

We got the kids loaded in the car and headed for home - before we'd got out of Seeonee Park - Blake was asleep and Jade was asleep about 2km later... they both slept til we got home.... so they'd got about 1.5hrs sleep - which was good for them....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...