Tuesday 4 May 2010

Jade lost her first baby tooth!

So, it's been nearly 2 wks... well... 1 wk .... 6 days to be exact.... since I discovered Jade's first adult tooth having cut through... and after months and months of saying to Jade not to play with her wobbly baby teeth - we gave her the all clear to wobble away - because her baby teeth clearly should have been out weeks ago....

Because she hadn't got them out sooner - her adult tooth has now pushed 3 teeth around and they're all poking out in different directions......

Yesterday when I went to put Blake down for his sleep - I told Jade not to come into the room as it was rest time.... (rest time for Jade is a movie in the lounge - but I try to get in a quick snooze while Blake is sleeping - if I can (which so far I have never managed!))...

When I'd tried this on Saturday with Jade - she decided that instead of coming into my room and disturbing me - she'd simply yell from the lounge - which - woke Blake (as you could imagine)....

Anyway, so I told her that under no circumstance was she to come and disturb rest time..... but she did, and - for once - I was not upset by her disturbing me.... she was very proud of herself.. and it wasn't even the tooth we all thought was going to come out first......









Now, the tooth fairy decided to be very clever - and have a "spare" glass set up so that she could just switch glasses in the middle of the night - instead of trying to fish a teeny-tiny tooth out of a glass in the night and drop money in without waking a little sleeping child.... :)

The spare glass was hidden in the cupboard out of sight....


It was then time to place the glass in Jade's room ready for the tooth fairy.....





When it was time to put Jade to bed, she decided that she didn't want her doona on her bed, rather she wanted it put on the floor at the foot of her bed.....

Me - I don't think that's a good idea.... you don't want the tooth fairy tripping over it in the middle of the night (purely thinking of my own neck at this point!)
Jade - Oh Mum, don't be silly! The tooth fairy is going to fly in!

Oh... I guess she got me there! She's really thought this through....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...