Sunday 11 April 2010

Sydney Trip - Day 1

We left for Sydney at about 3:15 Friday morning... yes.... morning....

We got the kids out of bed, loaded them in the car - and off we took.... I did the first part of the trip.... was only 1.5hrs of driving - but Rob said he couldn't go to sleep (which was the original plan that I'd drive the first part while he slept) - so we switched and he drove until he got tired.... I tried sleeping - but I was continuously woken by one child or the other - I gave up....

It's a 1460km trip from Gladstone to Sydney.. and we decided to try to make it all the way in one go.... and we succeeded.....

I took over and did a couple of hours driving around lunchtime, Rob managed to get a bit of sleep - so he was right to keep driving - I just stayed awake and chatting to keep him going.....

We arrived at Angela's place at 9pm - or just after.. unloaded what we needed to sleep the night - a couple of doona's to make a quasi bed for jade.... port-a-cot for Blake... and Rob and I got a real bed for the night..... we didn't get the kids to bed til 10pm and I don't think we were far behind them.. maybe 20mins and they were long gone to sleep by then....

The kids were fantastic! They didn't get whingy - they watched their DVD players the entire way (except for when they'd sleep - which wasn't a helluva lot.....) - I was a bit concerned that Blake was going to be a real problem once we got to Sydney, but he went down reasonably easily and although he was up once during the night - he was still fantastic... :)

I guess there definitely was a bonus to having made the kids do lots of travelling since birth..... so Yay kids!



No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...