Sunday 6 September 2009

2009 Father's day trials comp - Seeonee Park....

Happens every year, there's a trials comp on Father's Day... but when you think about it, it makes sense... it's their day, so let them do something they want to do... and I'm all for that, especially as we're doing something I love too...

(and on Mother's day each year we seem to have started a tradition to get out on the road bikes and ride out to Many Peaks... and I don't hear any of the guys complaining about that!)

I finally have a name plate on my bike - with my married name!!!

Rob got a new name plate too.... his old one was broken...

(I'm still looking into getting stickers for the name plates - the engraving is good - but stickers are much more colourful and happy!)


Jade helped Mom and Dad set up the shade (not sure what you'd technically call it - but it shades people.. so that's my phrase for tonight - I'm too tired to look up the proper name)

Blake was excited to go and explore this new world....
he doesn't like his knees touching the ground if the surface isn't perfectly smooth... so this is how he crawls around... feet down - hands down... knees and tummy up....

and of course - it all had to go into the mouth...

and climbing the poles....

here's a pic of Blake's new shirt....

Jade was so happy to have her big brother there today...
she was attached to him for nearly the entire day.....

Jade's shirt....

Jade putting RID on Greg so that the march flies didn't bite...

Greg

Me, Dad & Frank....
(figured given I'd got a pic of Rob with his kids - that I needed one of dad with his....)

Jade, Mom and Blake ready to go and check out the trials.....

(unfortunately it wasn't really pram friendly - so Mom came back with Blake and Jade continued into the creek with Greg (on camera))

(double unfortunately - Mom didn't realise that we'd brought along the "baby backpack" - so she could have quite happily carried Blake around in the creek....)

Rob taking off to ride a section...

Me coming over a log... the photo doesn't do the section justice... although you can see that my front wheel is right up in the air - there was an incline up to where the Log was and then it dropped back down again the other side... was an interesting line - and C Grade didn't have to go over there... but I love logs....

(Dad tried to convince me to take a different line - but he's not a log fan!)

Jade and her popper hiding behind a tree....

Jade befriended this big gorgeous dog.....


Jade also made a new friend... and then had to share her DS's with her....
(she was also a bit disappointed when her new friend didn't really seem to care too much for the DS...)

Greg was obviously missing Meg...
(txt txt txt txt.. *breathe* ... txt txt txt)


Blake was asleep before we'd even made it back to Rockhampton (about 10mins drive) - unfortunately he woke just past Marmour (sp?) and stayed awake for the rest of the trip.....
(I blame Jade... she was swooshing her Barbies around the back - so he had something to watch)



Oh, yeah, and ...... *drum roll*..... I beat Rob!!! I didn't win... I never win... but I came second... and Rob came third... I beat him by 3 points.... :) Yay!!!! It was such a good day - and a really close competition between Rob and myself.... which is always good :) I assume we'll both start riding B Grade next year if we can keep getting out to comps....

Unfortunately we'll miss the next trials comp... Mom and Dad are heading down to my cousin's kid's Christening... and Rob will be away at some Ute Muster with Greg.... (Greg and Rob will also be away for Jade's birthday... bad planning on Rob's behalf... but it's all good... he doesn't get away to these kind of things at all... and it'll be good for him to spend some time with Greg....)

Trials comp after this will be the breakup trial in November at Kroombit... Yay Kroombit!!! this is a cattle station - camping place that we go to.... and this year - we'll have the caravan - so we wont have to squeeze into a bunk room... (Yay Caravan!!!)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...