Friday 30 January 2009

Blake's first bath in the big bath.....

We've given up on the baby bath now, so the photos from the other night was of his last bath in the baby bath...   

After taking a photo of Blake in his Bumbo - and then looking back at the photo of Jade in the Bumbo... I then started flicking through Jade's photos at the same age (yeah yeah - don't compare the kids yada yada......) - but then I realised that once Jade was 3 months - I was bathing her in the big bath... 

Now, bathing Jade in the big bath wasn't an issue....  she was the only one in there... make the water an inch deep and put her in...  easy!   

Not so easy with Blake... as soon as I ran the bath and said that I was putting Blake in... Jade stripped off... 

"Yay.... Blake's a big boy now and can play in the bath with me....." umm.... ok.... 

Then I remembered that Jaime had given me a baby bathing hammock kinda thing - it's hard to explain... it's a wire frame with a cloth covering that you can lay the baby on so that you don't worry so much about them sliding around....  well this works really well... until you have a baby who can't lay still....  

I think both Jade and Blake have ants in their pants - even when they aren't wearing pants...  I had to keep propping Blake up on it as he kept wiggling his way down.....

At least it's now really easy to get Jade into the bath without any issues....  (AND!!! she's willing to have bubble bath again..... - well - Blake's Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bath.....  and I think she must have added some more of it when I went to get Blake to put him in the bath - cause there were more bubbles in there than I've ever seen in the bath!)





(And just after I'd bathed these two - I saw an email from Claudine who'd just put pics of her Granddaughters in the bath together - Amelia is 3 weeks older than Blake - and just 100% cuteness!)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...