Friday 12 October 2007

I'd like to Camera Geek for a minute..

if you don't mind!

Tharyn took the Camera and the 'big' lens (70-300mm) with her to the trial, and took some GREAT photos. Especially this one (the one of Jade, just underneath the line 'I can take shiny photos too!') which has great Depth of Field.

Unfortunately, the lens she's got ISN'T all that good. It's biggest F stop is 4.2 - which is really, quite small (remember, the SMALLER the number, the BIGGER the aperture). There's a very detailed explanation of F stops on Wikipedia - how did we live without it? - for those that are interested in the techincal information. So I now want a DECENT lens.

Drew, one of the guys from Trials, has a REALLY nice Nikon 100-200 lens, with which I took most of the photos of Tharyn on the bike with Jade, and quite a few other photos that I was happy with. That stops down to 2.5 (If I Remember Correctly) which is VERY large for a zoom lens.

So I think I'm going to have to start looking for a good lens for the Nikon. A good fixed 50mm lens with a BIG F stop (about 1.5) aren't that expensive. Especially if you don't want autofocus. eBay, here I come. I have a budding camerageek for a wife!

--Rob

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...