Wednesday 3 October 2007

Puggle on Board.....

Well, we all knew day would come where there'd be another on the way.... and even though it's still early days - and everyone says "wait the 12 weeks" - I'm not one to believe that it's bad luck...

Plus, anyone local will obviously be able to tell soon once the morning sickness strikes..... So, I did up the Nursery for Puggle tonight - before I get sick or to a point where I can't be bothered until it's too late and we have a new baby at home - in a dull boring room.... (and that's not fair now that Jade's room is all bright and colourful)....

So, here it is.... the beginnings of the nursery... (We will be changing the curtains - getting blockout curtains and hopefully in a green-flakey kind of print the same as the purple ones in Jade's room (that's if we can find something like that again)....

Door to the Nursery

Cot, plus you can see baby bed in the background

(Jade didn't use it - but it's good for playing on)

As much of the room as I can fit in a photo

Over the change table

(and you can see in the background the door that leads to our bedroom)


Why Puggle???
Good Question, I'm sure most remember... When I got pregnant with Jade - we started out by sending wedding thank you notes from "Tharyn, Rob & the blob".... that quickly translated to "Blobby".... when I got pregnant earlier in the year, Chloe became "Blobby2" - which quickly became "B2"... then there was all the talk about Jade and Chloe being B1 and B2 and we had all these plans to get matching blue and white striped PJ's with B1 and B2 on them....

When those plans didn't eventuate... we realised that we could no longer use the "Blobby" terminology due to questions by people who didn't know - but also as a fresh start....

A "Puggle" is a fictional character, even though we did research and it is also the name given to a baby echidna....

Anyway, when I was a kid - I had a toy "puggle" - and you had to keep it in it's bag else the pie man would come and steal it during the night and turn it into puggle pie... (I probably believed that for about a week... and after leaving it out and it not disappearing - may have started to question the stories I'd been told!)

I'm not too sure where my puggle is, even though I know that I've seen it since we moved to Gladstone... so I got online and found the site that sells them (25 odd years later - and you can still buy them!!!) - I bought one for Jade - it should arrive tomorrow (hopefully!) - although we're thinking that we'll put it away for Christmas.... My puggle was Red with a blue bag... Jade's is pink with a blue bag....

Anyway, it's all fun and games until the puking starts!!!

1 comment:

Jaime S said...

Congratulations guys, the room is cute and I want to see a photo of this puggle toy :)

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...