Friday 26 September 2014

Making Grandpa's "Father's Day" present.......

When I was a kid - and I'm guessing probably Grade 2 or 3 - we had a school stall for Father's day.... this may have happened every year, but, unlike my parents who remember all of these things so that they can continually taunt me with them, I don't remember every last detail of every story! :)

But, this particular story has been retold on many many occasions.... 

We were given money to pick something at the stall - I picked a mug that had jelly beans in it... I handed out the Jelly Beans to my friends and gave Dad the Mug....  I was dobbed in by a family friend (which is kinda funny, cause I believe I gave her some too!!!!), and when questioned about it - I said that I didn't buy the Jelly Beans for Dad - I'd bought him the mug.....

I would have thought that the fact that I'd handed out the jelly beans - rather than just eating them myself would have worked in my favour... apparently not....

(though, when you think about it - there weren't a lot of stories they can tease me about... I must have been an awesome child!)

Anyway, this year - I got the kids to make Dad mugs for Father's Day - and we wrapped them (along with a "Grandfather" mug that Blake bought at their school Father's Day stall) - and put them into a big container with 5kgs of Jelly Beans in it.... 












Jade's Mug
(Jade required no assistance)






Blake's Mug
(I painted "GRANDPA" on it for Blake - he did the rest)







After they'd finished painting them - we had to put them into the oven to set the paint and finish them off......   then it was time to wrap them....


(I thought the Jelly Bean wrapping paper was a nice touch!)



At the point of taking these photos - there was only 3.5kgs of Jelly beans in the container.. I went back and bought more so that there were jelly beans on top of the presents too....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...