Saturday 13 November 2010

Happy 33 to me!

Thursday - 4th November.....

This is the multitude of photos taken for my birthday....  After Blake's birthday the day before, I was over taking photos and everyone else was over birthdays... hehehehe....





Rob is always bugging me about what I'd want for my birthday.... There's not a lot of stuff that I seem to want for myself these days, I go shopping and buy stuff for the kids - a cute Elmo shirt (or in yesterday's situation - I had to buy Blake a Mickey Mouse shirt because he's very sad in the mornings when he has to take his Mickey Mouse PJ's off and he can't keep wearing the shirt from it....)  (also managed to find Jade a Scooby Doo Christmas shirt (so, she's very excited about getting to wear it next month)

Anyway, the point of this story - there's never anything that I really want/need.....  But a few months ago - I found Simon Says on eBay....  (This was a game I played to death when I was a kid - it always stuck with me, I used to take it to school and I literally played it to death... Mom and Dad were unable to get it fixed - so that was the end of that!)

I kept sending the link to Rob for the actual game and for the pocket version... "buy me those!!! buy me buy me buy me!!!!!" - - - Rob ignored my messages - and then a couple of days later when I brought them up again he said "oh, I did check on them, they're both sold already....."  and here's the clincher "but, it's ok - I found you something on catch-of-the-day that I figure you'll like more....."  - - - - "No Rob!!! there is NOTHING I'd like more than Simon Says!  and now you're in my bad books!"

I was worrying that he'd found a different version of the game and figured I'd like it just as much, and when you've got your heart set on one thing - then you don't really want a substitute.... it's like always wanting a Firestorm (Porsche) and then getting given a PW50 (Hyundai Excel) - it's not the same!!!!  (and yes! I had to say Firestorm - cause it is the MOST awesome bike I have ever owned... I realise some people believe that a Ducati is better, but until I've ridden one - I can't comment!

Well, apparently (for the first time ever!) - Rob was able to keep a secret...... and yes, was definitely better than anything else he could have bought me....






Oh, and he got me Donkey Kong II
(I have the original Donkey Kong still sitting in the cupboard - although the face plate (ie. shiny scratched thing on the above game) is missing... you can see that Mom or Dad obviously had to glue it on at least once - they must have given up eventually!


Pocket Simon - - I haven't actually tested this one yet... been too busy playing the big version...

I got Seasons 1-6 of "Waking the Dead" from Angela, which is a Brilliant UK Crime Show (about cold cases they go around solving, I was introduced to it on our trip to Sydney in October...

From Mom, Dad, Gran & Frank - I got a new Sunbeam water cooler purifier.... because my old one simply wasn't cooling anymore.... 

Anyway, instead of doing ANOTHER birthday dinner, Mom and Dad offered to get the kids to bed so that Rob and I could go to the movies...   we went and saw "RED" and it was really good.... and thanks to Theresa's mother - we had Gold Room tickets... so it was a very comfy night indeed... :)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...