Tuesday 9 November 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Blake!

Wednesday 3rd November.....

Blake's 2nd Birthday....  

I had to make something to send to daycare, so I opted for the easy cup-cakes.... decorated them in four different colours with sprinkles... pretty much all you need to keep a bunch of 2yr olds happy!



After completing the cupcakes I then had to wrap all the presents.... this doesn't look all big and exciting - but I can assure you - that big red parcel at the back is BIG..... (It's the one from Grandma!)




Just like Jade at 2yrs, Blake needed a bit of coaxing to get the presents unwrapped, once he opened a present - he just wanted to play with it.....  but we got through them....

(It's hard when you're trying to rush them so that you can get them ready and off to school and yourself to work....  and yes, i ended up being a couple of minutes late to work... but I blame the lack of diesel in the prado!)




He did get into the spirit of presents after we forced his way through them...


"Oooh, TRUCK!!"


Of course, Blake couldn't just leave this one alone til after school, he had to have it opened....


And that's how we spent the rest of the morning until it was time to pry him off it to get to school....

(The idea of this truck is that it's a digger and it can go in the sand pit - but it still hasn't made it out of the house - Blake rides it up and down the hallway.... and .... it's got buttons that make noise.... oh boy!!!)





After I finished work, I rushed off to Woolies to get stuff for dinner (Mom, Dad, Gran & Frank were coming over for simple Chicken & Salad dinner.... and I hadn't made a cake... I was going to bake one and then ice it - but time was running short..... so I bought two packs of sponge cake - and figured I'd make a double layer cake.... but - they were a lot smaller than I thought they were, so I had to put all four one one level and just ice them up and hope for the best.....



I got to this point of the Cake... Roary was on there, and I was about to put the other car on, when I realised it wasn't a race car, but a support vehicle.... so I had to head to BigW to get another set - so that I had two racing cars.....  (which worked out reasonably well....)

Of course, because of the time, I had to go get the shopping done and then pick up the kids before returning home....which meant that Jade wanted to help finish the cake... so she put the two cars on the cake - and both of them appeared bogged in the icing......



Uncle Frank was first upstairs - so his present was opened next.....


Blake wasn't sure about handing over his Sesame Street car that he'd got from Uncle Frank to open the present from GG.....


Chuggington Trains from Gran and Grandpa
(oh boy, they're just as noisy as the digger truck.....)


Uncle Frank got in on the Chuggington Action.


The completed Cake....

Marsha, Big Chris & Flash all had to be Bamboo Skewered into the cake so that they didn't fall over... so they all look like they're on crutches.... Marsha more so than the other two....


I had to msg Greg to remind him that it was Blake's birthday, and then he and Meg were over in about 10mins... so that wasn't a bad effort....


Tickles from Greg...


Cuddles for Meg.....


Cake Time!



It's very exciting being a Birthday Puggle....


And then the candles weren't burning anymore, and no one got the "blowing out of the candles"


"This is how I blow out candles Daddy!"


"Yay!!!!!"


GG


Blake was given Roary - to eat the icing off....  not the best idea of the entire night....


And THAT'S why!!!


Icing everywhere!



Oh, and then they gave him cake, just to add to the mess!


Happy little grot-monster.....


Greg 'n' Meg


Blake modelling his new Elmo Jarmies...

2yrs old!  How time flies!


Here's a better view of the Jarmies, how cute are the satin boxers?


((Video))
Blake opening his first present.....

1 comment:

nicky said...

Hey, I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part
people lack substance but
I just wanted to make a quick comment to say GREAT blog!…..
I'll be checking in on a regularly now….
Keep up the good work!
My Blog Topics:
Beauty fashon news
hot nike sport shoes
sale on uggs
barefoot sport
chi vs ghd
Just do it, come on, :p
ALL MY BLOGSPOT...

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...