Monday 28 December 2009

It's handy being married to a g33k...... (Who I love to bits!)

So, for Christmas - I had to order my own present... I got a Metal DDR mat on ebay - sent out from the States ($379.99AUD - which included freight to Australia... Yay!!!)

I didn't bother wrapping it - it's HUGE - and I refuse to do everything... it plugs into PS2, PS3, Wii, XBox 360 and Computer.... so we tried getting the Wii game for it - and honestly, it sucks....

So, being married to a g33k... Rob built me a computer to put in the gym - with DDR on it (Dance Dance Revolution) - he's also put Media Portal - incase I want to watch TV or my shows while I'm gymming..... and he bought me a 32" LCD TV to go with it.....

You'll have to excuse how it currently looks, as you'd be aware - we're still in the middle of millions of renovations - so nothing has been set to places yet... Rob's bought a wall mount for the TV - but we have to work out how the rest of it is going to go before we fix anything to anything.... for now - it can stay on the bench where it's safe...






The idea behind all of this is that next year - Blake will be at daycare with Jade.. so I'll have 2hrs per day (Tue-Fri) - where I'm kid-free.... I was hoping to join up a gym and start doing my pump and step classes in that time.....

It's all well and good to say that the gyms have care in the afternoons so that I could put Jade and Blake in there and go do my gymming, but it's not realistic... I've got to have the kids home by 5pm so that I can feed them and get them off to bed by 6:30pm... and going to a 6:30pm class would be all well and good if Rob were a 9 to 5 worker....

But, he's not... and this is how we have to work around the solution...

(Have had heaps of people try to suggest ways that I can get out and do the exercise that I want to do, but none of them seem to stop to think about how unrealistic that is in my situation... I don't have a normal situation... so we don't have a normal solution.... but I'm happy with my life.. and at the end of the day - that's what matters!)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...