Monday 16 November 2009

Rocky Trials Club Breakup - 2009 - Kroombit Lochenbar Station - Day 2

Day started at 5:30am.... so about normal... all good :)



straight back to climbing in and out of the caravan....


one of Blake's favourite toys...


Brushing his own teeth.... the wrong way!

Mom attempted to get a bit of reading done - not sure how successful she was!

Jade and Sam went to check out "Boss-Cocky"

Jade loved him, he was so tame... Jade got to pat him...

Before it was time to go off and ride - it was pool time....





At 2pm we went off to start the trials comp.... the aim was to complete two laps on the first day - then three on the second...

Rob and I rode together.. apart from the usual muck-ups (stalling due to lack of clutch control - etc) I was reasonably happy with how I was riding.... we did 5 out of the first 7 sections - but there was a queue for sections 6 and 7 - so we decided to go and ride the first five sections again and hope that 6 and 7 had cleared by the time we got back...

I stuffed up section 1 - got caught on a rock and the bike died....

Section 2 - I got in there... was riding really well - cleared the first half of the section - and ended up going over an A-Grade Rock (which I was quite proud of my efforts) - unfortunately - as I landed I came down faster than I thought - and my wrist slipped on the accelerator - and the bike took off... I managed to avoid most of the rocks on the way out of the section - I was determined to get out of the section without dropping another 5.. (which - technically I did....)

Unfortunately, on exiting the section - I broke a rock with my left knee and came crashing down... at first I wasn't sure what damage i'd done... I went into a short-term shock holding my knee and not willing to check - as I was sure that i'd ripped the knee open....

I think I had Rob more scared than I was (and I was terrified)... I eventually worked up the courage to sit down, get my boot off and get my pants up to the point where I could see my knee... no blood.... just a HUGE bruise..... HUGE!!! (and it's getting bigger by the day)

I also managed to take skin off my left arm - it looks bad - but it doesn't feel anywhere near as bad as my knee does....

Mom, the kids and I headed back to camp and I got in the pool with Jade... that was the best thing I could have done.....

After we swam, it was time to get ready for the Breakup Xmas Party......



Jade all dressed up in her "Christmas Fairy" outfit... (she didn't keep the wings on for long)

Drew running around to get pics of everything....

Kevin & Jake Havik

(I feel really bad - but I can't think of the names of the other two Havik family members)

Drew showing Blake how to use a camera....

Marg & Mac

Iesha & Andrew
(This is a guy that Rob ran into in Townsville one day while working at one of his client's sites - he invited him down for the weekend - and Andrew already knew of Angela Sophios - so he was able to get all the details to attend)

Setting up for presentations....

Frank's friends from the Brissy Trials club sent him up this 1.5Ltr Keg sippy cup thingy...

Santa arrived...

Santa walked in - and Jade pipes up straight away "YOU AREN'T SANTA!!!!!"
everyone thought it was so funny... luckily because she's pretty much the youngest one there - it didn't ruin it for anyone....

she was happy enough to put aside the "you aren't santa" theory to accept a present from Santa....

We ended up telling Jade that Rob was one of Santa's helpers - so she was ok with that too...

everyone got to have a sit on Santa's lap...

even Angela....

the beard didn't want to stay on... so Angela held it in place...

Frank (a little roasty toasty) didn't mind hugging up to his brother in law....


Once Santa left, Jade decided she was tired and went to sleep in the back of the Prado.... Blake slept for about an hour in the pram then he was awake... so once they'd finished all of the presentations - we took the kids off to bed (we missed out on seeing the DVD - but we can watch that later - apparently Rob and Greg made it on there a few times).....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...