Monday 13 July 2009

GSHS 15yr Reunion - 11th July 2009

It was a bit of a rush to get down to the motel for the start of the reunion... I'd said to Michele that we'd get there at 5pm so that we were ready for when people would start rocking up at 5:30.... - we still hadn't finished the poster that went in between the first year photos...

I ended up rushing through the shower... and when I did get in there - everyone had used up all of the hot water - so I ended up having a cold shower...

We had to go and drop stuff off for the kids at Mom and Dad's place - so that was another unpleasant part of the evening as both kids were screaming and wanting to come with us.... but they get over that kind of thing fairly quickly....

When we arrived - Rosemary was already there waiting... so she was our first attendee at the reunion....


Rose

Megan & Colin

Steph

Rob & I

Megan, Rose, Me & Steph

Desley, Cheradin & I

Pics of people gathered... I think at this point we were still waiting on about 20 people... but it was already looking reasonably full... by the time we had everyone I'd stopped running around with the camera and was running around doing a million other things.....

The other half of the crowd.....

Rob ran the trivia - as well as most of the MC type duties....

I got the "Agoraphobia Award" for the classmate living closest to the high school - I'm only a block away..... and the house we bought was a former classmates!

Cheradin got the "Post-Natal" award - for the most recent birth... Georgia is only 5 weeks old....

The Cake...

The classmates... there were a couple missing who decided that hiding at the bar was a better idea...


All in all it was a great night.... I'm absolutely buggered from all the preparation - and next time I think I'd be handing off at least some of the tasks to other people... but there wont be a next time... not for me anyway, next time I'll be just turning up on the night and enjoying someone else's hard work!!!

Everyone enjoyed the trivia (which took me about 3 weeks to finalise the questions of) - they loved the awards - which took more time to put the little trophies (glasses with lollies wrapped in Celophane) than it did to make up the awards to hand out.... and the music went down a treat... so all in all it was a lot of effort well worth it... :)

Anyway, gotta sort out dinner and kids and then I'll try to blog the rest of the weekend...

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...