Thursday 2 October 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Jade!

Yesterday was Jade's 3rd Birthday... it didn't start off that well ... I tried to make cupcakes - but I'm thinking that there's a problem with the oven because both batches just flopped... and cupcakes are NOT that hard to make.... I've done it before.... but I'd made muffins the day before and there wasn't a problem with them... so I'm dumbfounded....

Anyway, so I'm all pregnancy hormonal... so the cupcakes stuffing up was a problem for me... but we ended up just buying a cake for Jade to take to school for her birthday...

When Jade got up yesterday morning - she came in to tell us it was her birthday - and with that she should get presents... so we brought through the present from us (a V-Smile console and 3 games (Dora, Diego & Wiggles))... naturally she wanted to play it - so we plugged it all in... NO SOUND... OMG can anything else go wrong?? Jade still happily played it for a while with no sound...

Rob went and took it back yesterday morning and got a new console... so hopefully this one is better - and it comes with the Cars game... so she's even more excited now...

We went shopping to get food for the BBQ last night.... then Mom and I went out at lunchtime to get a sponge so that we could make Jade's birthday cake... we got to the first bakery to find that you have to pre-order the slabs... but we went to another bakery and managed to get one... (we were starting to worry that we'd have to make a cake and given my previous efforts I was doubting my abilities!) We got home and iced the cake.. and cut the stencil out (we printed a fairy and a number 3 and figured we'd put sprinkles on the cake in the shape of the fairy...) --- in taking the stencil off the cake - we nearly lost the icing - but quick thinking on mom's behalf saved it all - and we delicately removed the stencil without any damage... there were the odd sprinkles around the outside - but by then - we didn't care... :)


We went and picked Jade and Xander up from school and headed back to Mom and Dad's place... Frank was the first person to give Jade a present - a totem tennis set... so we tried to show Jade and Xander how to play... but I think it's a "one kid at a time" kind of game, as long as there is an adult around... two kids just means that they're both getting frustrated because the ball keeps stopping....

"I'm THREE!!!"




"Not playing with you anymore!!!"

"*giggle* Just Kidding!"



"ooh! look! another use for the raquet!"




Greg and Kylie

Frank


"I'm still 3!"



cutting the cake...



touched the bottom! gotta kiss the nearest boy!! (and doesn't he look impressed!)



Tired at the end of a LOOOOOONG day......

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Jade!!

I'm sorry your cupcakes didn't turn out. Over here I wouldn't even have attempted to make cupcakes for Adam's class - they don't allow home made treats to be brought into the school, so everything has to be store bought!

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...