Saturday 2 February 2008

A week at home....

Well, five days anyway...

After our trip to Sydney I knew that we were going to have a few problems with Jade due to lack of sleep....

Luckily there were no swimming lessons this week, we managed to get her down for her lunch sleep around 1pm - so that was looking good... she slept til nearly 4pm - so back to the 3hr sleeps... unfortunately that night she didn't really want to go to sleep... so we had the arguments back and forth to her room until she finally gave up....

Tuesday morning, I managed to get Jade dressed and off to school... as we were driving there Jade said "Yay.. Swimming...." and I said "no, you're going to school" "NO! Swimming!!!" - she was determined to go swimming.. that's how her week starts... swimming - then school... hard to explain to a two year old that she didn't have swimming because of a public holiday....

That night we had another battle trying to get her to sleep...

Rob left for Toowoomba on Wednesday.... I managed to get Jade to sleep after about 5mins of trying - so I was happy with that effort...

So I started thinking that maybe the key is to not have Rob around... (eheh - poor Rob) - but no... I had another battle Thursday night - although only took about 10mins...

Last night I had a problem getting Jade down... plus the phone kept ringing everytime I was trying to get Jade down.. (and don't say that I should turn my phone off - because if I did that every time - I'd always forget to turn it back on - and people would be annoyed because they couldn't contact me..)

She finally went down about 8:30 - an hour after we'd usually like to have her to sleep by (unfortunately - she's pretty much been going to bed around 8pm lately...) - Anyway, Rob arrived home at 10:30pm - and at 1:30am Jade was awake screaming.... (very unusual for her to be up in the middle of the night...) - apparently there was a "Lizard or maybe Gecko in my bed Mommy!!!!" - we attempted to get her to sleep in our room - then attempted in her room - then Rob tried getting her to sleep on the floor if the bed was the problem.... at around 4am she finally crashed our in our bed....

She must be really buggered now - Rob's snoring away and it's not waking her!

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...