Saturday 5 December 2015

Bookweek 2015

Wednesday 26th August

Bookweek is upon us again....  unfortunately I had missed a party earlier in August because Rob wasn't well enough to travel and it was too big a weekend for me to do all of the driving on my own with the two kids....  but, the benefit was that we had already organised costumes that the kids then were to wear for Bookweek....


Jade's Mad Hatter Hat....


Blake's White Rabbit Clock



Unfortunately Blake was on Day#2 of being off school because he'd had a fever - so he didn't go to bookweek - so I put his Hat on him and got him to hold his clock for a photo.... so we can pretend slightly that he was there in spirit....





Jade all dressed up as the Mad Hatter....









Making of the Mad Hatter Costume!

Because Jade is wearing size 14 at 9yrs old, you can't really buy a costume that is suitable for her age, in her size... So, we had to custom make her a costume... which was ok, we have a vinyl cutter and it makes life a little easier (at times!)

(she's just too tall for it.... the dress that we had got for her only just covered her waist - let alone going down past her bum.....  width wise it was ok.. but height wise... not so much)












Because Mom and Dad were doing Renovations at the house, I was able to leave Blake at home with them and head in to work for the day...   he wasn't puking or anything, just lethargic and had the temperature.... so I took Jade to school and headed to work....

When I got home from work I searched the house looking for Blake who had been "ok'ish" when I'd left for work....  and I finally found him in his bed, he'd put himself to bed and he was worse than he'd been the day before....   this wasn't looking great.....



The next morning I went in to check on him.... and this was his face when I told him that he was well enough to go back to school.... :)  Huzzah for overnight recovery!



No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...