Wednesday 23 February 2011

Melbourne - Superbikes Trip 2011 - Day 4 - back at the Caravan Park

Tuesday 22nd February

Finally got Blake to sleep around 4pm....  (local time) and he didn'tg et up til 7:15pm and only because we had to wake him and get him ready to go see the penguins....

I tried to have a sleep as my eyes are practically falling out of my head... (Blake has woken every night since we've been down here at 3am - which is making sleeping well a very difficult task)... Unfortunately when you're trying to sleep, everyone else in the world appears to be against that concept...

Jade running up and down the verandah - opening and closing the sliding doors which bang every time they get to their centre....

I eventually gave up and got my inlines out of the van to try to at least keep Jade occupied and away from the cabin so that Blake could sleep....


When I put them on, i was worried that I was going to stand up and fall flat on my face... it's been about 10 months since I last wore inlines....   I'm back in the world of skating on quads... so the inlines have been left in the cupboard....


Jade was very impressed.... although it did mean having to skate slowly cause every time I'd zoom past her - she'd have a melt-down....


going downhill requires constant slowing down...




Amber got back to the van park and pulled her scooter out and joined in...


Rob decided to pull his inlines out... when he said about packing them I laughed at him, but dug them out anyway.....

Rob hasn't worn skates since we first started dating... I think he last skated when we took the boys out to a rink in about July 2002....


And it shows...

Although, to his credit, he did not fall over - and he did skate a little bit! :)


Blake zonked out....


Happily sleeping....



After his sleep, we got the kids dressed to go to the penguins... it's always very cold down there, so we made sure the kids were beanied up and had gloves on.... (Blake's set had a scarf too.... so he was definitely roasty toasty)





Everyone ready and waiting to go....


I wore my derby start-skully hoodie ....  it's sooooooooooooo warm - but way too big!
BUT.... WARM!

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...